• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Battery

Trek

CEG'er
I've been meaning to do this for months, so finally this weekend I fitted my Optima battery and upgraded all my ICE cabling to Audison. 0awg for the power and earths and 4awg for the amps. While I was there I replaced all the engine / gearbox earths for improved electrical connections.

battery3.jpg

battery4.jpg

battery.jpg

The difference is noticable, with no headlight dimming on the big bass notes.

I'm not used to hearing the grounds refered to as earths. :laugh:

Looks good, but now I think there's too many colors going on under the hood now. Bright Blue, Light Blue, Bright Yellow, Light Blue, Light Purple, Chrome...it's a bit much for me.

I'm not used to hearing the grounds refered to as earths. :laugh:

Looks good, but now I think there's too many colors going on under the hood now. Bright Blue, Light Blue, Bright Yellow, Light Blue, Light Purple, Chrome...it's a bit much for me.

I know what you mean, but unfortunatley battery wise it was a red or yellow top ! Would have prefered black, but most deep cycle stuff over here is red. It helps that I'm colour blind as to be honest it all looks the same to me lol

I know what you mean, but unfortunatley battery wise it was a red or yellow top ! Would have prefered black, but most deep cycle stuff over here is red. It helps that I'm colour blind as to be honest it all looks the same to me lol

You've made my day. Thank you! :laugh:

that looks terrible:nonono: Pull it all out and send it to me so I can properly dispose of that mess:laugh:
Seriously i'll pay shipping lol

J/K That looks awesome man!

Hard to find words to say what I feel :drool::drool::drool::drool: at the engine and :mad::mad::mad: at you for being able to get the cover parts (Tank, PS & Brake) over there. I tried to contact that guy and no response.:shrug::shrug:

:drool:

I could see where it maybe called busy with all the colors but the execusion and presentation is outstanding. nice job.

I got all confused there for a second with the battery being up in the passenger side corner like a Honda but I figured it out. Very very clean install.

I got all confused there for a second with the battery being up in the passenger side corner like a Honda but I figured it out. Very very clean install.

its right where ours is...

they just sit in/drive in the other seat..... :laugh:

Back