• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Accident

Kremithefrog

Hard-core CEG'er
My clown car got hit today in a parking lot. Alignment is way off, feels like something is bent and front passenger door is destroyed and won't open right now. Her Daewoo only had paint chipped off.

Just thought I'd post it. The car's value ain't but $1k but it's worth more to me so I hope her insurance doesn't want to total it. I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that even if I settle for a check less than the value of the car. I don't care about the paint or damage, I just need the door to open and the alignment right.

Maybe I'll get a chance to post pictures this weekend.

Anybody have some ideas on making the door work for cheap? I don't care what it looks like but I'd like it to work. It won't open right now. I'm afraid to force it open and not be able to close it, so I haven't tried.

Here's a picture of the main damage, the dent into the door goes almost the length of the door.

1206091649.jpg

And the gap at the top of the door.

1206091648a.jpg

if you just want to make that door work..

then just open it it will bend things up but should work.

but yeah buying a door and a fender from a junkyard in the same color is preferred

if you don't care about looks force it or pry fender/door out of the way so you can open without contact will look bad but will work and cost nothing....

on the alignment you could use a tape measure and play with the tie rod end adjustment until it drives decent. make sure nothing else is bent like the LCA lower control arm those are only $30 on rock auto for the 2 bolt ones

With that gap, I'd be wondering if the door frame is messed up. There's definitely a hinge that's way out of whack. You won't know what you need until you peel of any damaged parts. Trick is to remove the damage, and then replace whatever is on the floor.

Back