• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For those with the Raptor kits or the regular DDM kits and the watertight rubber

naujcdl

No, I'm not the coffee guy
...piece that supposedly goes to the headlight bulb housing:

Did you actually end up putting it in after you locked in the hid bulb or not? i see like no way of doing so with the other wires going to the harness of the car being in the way...anyone has experience with this?

Let me know.

Thanks a lot for your insight!

Nope it just dangles in the breeze on my accord. It'll be cut off when I install my 2nd set on my bike.

I would guess its for headlights that are meant to have HIDs or maybe for projectors? I even for now left the base of the plastic caple the bulbs come in. otherwise that could be removed also.

Hey crew,

That's exactly what i thought, i mean, with the bulb locked in the headlight assembly it would be a bit of a PITA to get that rubber piece to "cover/protect" it from water or whatever and not to mention the other two wires going to the car harness. And yes that is a rubber piece that looks very well for projector housings and the like.

What i did do is put the rubber piece as close as possible the housing and not make it all looking all a**ed out in there once installed.

Thanks a lot guys for your help.

that rubber piece is designed for housings that have a separate backing that seals against the light. the reason the other wires go through it as well is because the wires that originally went to the bulb are in that housing. you have to drill a hole in the housing and then feed the wires through and use that grommet to seal the hole back up.

Ive always just cut them off on my cars because they are useless and get in the way.

Back