• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

92 Taurus Engine

LMAO! That would be the vulcan Bob. Not a Duratec 24V DOHC. I'd go with an '01 at the earliest due to the WP location.

or an 88 festiva...haha. there would be no point to dropping the vulcan in the contour, it makes little to no power as is. the 2.5 you have in your contour makes more power than that pushrod disaster of a motor.

edit - the only thing you might notice if you did swap it in, is more lowend torque...but the vulcan falls on its face after 4k. rendering it useless. 01+ are a direct swap in, duratecs before that (the split port ones) require the addition of an electric water pump as it is no cam driven like the 2.5L; like todras said

Why the crap do these questions still come up?

I think this site needs a major sticky overhaul.

Agreed, or better yet a BOLDED search button.

Better still, make the search button take up half the screen, and the new thread button 10 pixels wide and nearly invisible.

You just wanted to use a new smiley. :shoot:

Beans wins this thread.

Ban all the n00bs when they ask retarded questions. :ban:

New smiley win:fry:

Ban all the n00bs when they ask retarded questions. :ban:

Hell there would be no one left, You be better off just giving them one of these.
nutkick.gif

now now lets not
:chop:

or something..... yeah little more reading a little less lazy questions would be great.....

but I'm sure I've asked some dumb questions so yeah time for more new smileys:wave:

Back