• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Moving to Mass

MattB

CEG'er
Finally got our house sold after 9 months on the market, just signed our purchase and sale for our new house. Moving to Southwick Mass :) So my commute went from 5 minutes to 35 minutes, kinda sucks. But the new area has so much to offer me and my family, our kids are mega-horse lovers and there are tons of farms, horse areas up there.

Yippe!!!

welcome to the state...

you can take that how you want...some people love the place, others hate it.

make sure you go to mooolicuos for ice cream... were always in southwick for motocross and stop there on the way home its the best!!!

Congrats on the move and closing! You're the second family I've heard in the past few months to move from CT to MA.

Congrats! Southwick is a pretty nice little town. I grew up in Grancy CT, there are some great roads in that area. Chcek out Roma Pizza, they were best when they were a tiny little store front down the street but they are still great. I used to race BMX in Southwick. Welcome.

Congrats! Southwick is a pretty nice little town. I grew up in Grancy CT, there are some great roads in that area. Chcek out Roma Pizza, they were best when they were a tiny little store front down the street but they are still great. I used to race BMX in Southwick. Welcome.

you ment Granby right :laugh:. small world I raced bmx in the early 80's ( oops showing my age again) had a redline pl20 & pk ripper, funny thing I loved my redline more. wip city FTW.

Hahaha, yes, meant Granby. We actually lived in West Granby and spent a lot of time in Hartland. I raced in the mid-late 80's, I had a General and did pretty well, lots of 1st and 2nd trophies. At the time, most of my friends where running the plastic five spoke wheels and I swear they were heavier. I also remember my dad driving to Southwick when gas was 90 cents a gallon as it was cheaper in MA at that time and we woud pick up Roma Pizza.

The house is on Berkshire, not the water side. We havent driven to the "hick part" yet ;) but look forward to it.

Where is the dump? i was shocked there is no town trash pick up.

Any issues about the town or great things, not so great things? i heard it centers around the lake?

The dump is on Industrial Road right off of 10/202. You can get trash pickup but you have to pay for it. I've never heard anything bad about the town, it's been good to me. There are definitely a lot of events on the lake, mostly during the summer obviously. They do have a couple events during the winter though. It's fun here, I enjoy it. You aren't that far from me, I live off of Point Grove Road.

Back