• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Okay..heed help!!! With a missfire in cly 3

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
So far i changed the wires, plugs and DIS coil pack.

My car's check engine light is still flashing and the giving me a p0303 :shrug:.

I have no idea what else could be causing this!!!

Any ideas would be great!!!

Fuel Injector. Check both injectors 3 and 4. If you have a live scan, it could show if it is injector 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Fuel Injector. Check both injectors 3 and 4. If you have a live scan, it could show if it is injector 3 or 4.

i don't think my xcal can do that:blackeye:

I was thinking maybe an injector but wouldn't it show a faulty injector as a code?

Can you explain to me why you would think it would be injector 3 or even 4?

...I was thinking maybe an injector but wouldn't it show a faulty injector as a code?
The only faulty injector code is a circuit code. If it is a problem with the electrical circuit, then you get an injector code. If it is due to a dirty, plugged up or broken injector, you get a misfire code.

...Can you explain to me why you would think it would be injector 3 or even 4?
Wastefire coil pack system. Coil fires 3 and 4 at the same time.

A CEGer had an issue (a few years back) with P302 where we thought that it was fuel injector 2 when it turned out to be injector 6. A live data scanner could show which one it is.

The only faulty injector code is a circuit code. If it is a problem with the electrical circuit, then you get an injector code. If it is due to a dirty, plugged up or broken injector, you get a misfire code.

Wastefire coil pack system. Coil fires 3 and 4 at the same time.

A CEGer had an issue (a few years back) with P302 where we thought that it was fuel injector 2 when it turned out to be injector 6. A live data scanner could show which one it is.

Thanks for taking the time explaining this to me.

Well after replacing both injectors. the problem is still here.

Now i'm confused.

What could it be. It's only in one cylinder!!

After reading some....i think a compression test should be done, and then maybe a leak test.

definitely a compression test first. if theres not enough compression, the cylinder wont fire. thats one of the first things that should have been done before replacing parts. a compression tester can be bought at harbor freight for like $20. thats where i got mine and i use it almost everyday.

Back