• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Differential is Gone, what next?

seabass_00svt

CEG'er
I posted earlier about a bad clunking i was getting in my front end....half the problem was a broken CV axle(fixed)
....the other half was a going Differential...i had it looked at at my brother's dealership in dexter and they said it was definitely coming from inside the tranny...

they referred me to a Ford Dealer (Varsity, i will burn my car in the driveway before i go there)...now, before i go buy some KY....

i need to know two things...

-what are my options?

-how much is it going to cost?

Anything would be great....

Hans

Bonus question: Anybody have/know where i can get a used Torsen?...

Hans you are better of getting a CEG'er to put it in.

Check capaldi racing for a new torsen 595~ and send your trans case and diff to liberty trans, they are cheap and know their ****.

Im sure we can find someone local who is willing to help you out ;)

Anybody local want to tackle this prob?....anybody that knows their **** has my full attention and as long as they are reasonably cheaper than the dealer...i'll do it....

Also time frame....I need this on the road ASAP....I don't want to die in my g/f's little deathtrap...(2000 Sentra running on a spare for about 1.5 months, oil change going on 6,000, driven like she's at the drag strip and the green is on the tree, 5 changes of clothing in the back seat)

Hans

Cheap and timely do not go hand in hand. LOL! Especially with us being in winter. Bring it over to the west side and I'll pull it. I have a spare transcase as well that can be dropped off to Terry for a rebuild. When it's done I can put it in. That way the car doesn't have to sit disassembled. PM me for pricing/info. Don't forget you'll need to install a new clutch and TOB while it's apart. About $300. You're looking around the $2300-$2400 mark for a rebuilt trans with LSD, clutch, labor. Let me know if you can find a better deal. ;)

Yea w/o Quaife. What's the point of replacing with another weak diff.? Pay now or pay more later.

Back