• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Small Preview Before Carcraft

CrazyTalkSVT

Veteran CEG'er
P1010210.jpg

Yay I'm so pumped!! Some late nights on this baby. I took it to Old Skool Kustoms "Greezy Kennys" car show out in Monticello yesterday. Was up until 4am finishing a few things up Sat morning, got 4 hours of sleep and then hit the show. Weather was iffy so hopefully we get some decent weather for Carcraft.

Sounds about right :laugh: So where abouts are you from? Near monticello?

Edit: Nevermind I saw your other thread that you're from East Bethel.

Sounds about right :laugh: So where abouts are you from? Near monticello?

Edit: Nevermind I saw your other thread that you're from East Bethel.

Yup, right up HWY 65. Im half owner of a shop called Crazy Talk Customs. You can peep the webpage @ www.crazytalkcustoms.com
The site hasnt been updated for a little while so my car doesnt have all the pictures we took of the build up.
*SHHHH* dont tell anyone, there is a embarrassing "before" picture of my car...4x4 mode and ohh so dirty :eek: lol!!

Yup, right up HWY 65. Im half owner of a shop called Crazy Talk Customs. You can peep the webpage @ www.crazytalkcustoms.com
The site hasnt been updated for a little while so my car doesnt have all the pictures we took of the build up.
*SHHHH* dont tell anyone, there is a embarrassing "before" picture of my car...4x4 mode and ohh so dirty :eek: lol!!

Do we get SVT discounts there? :laugh: What type of work do you guys do?

Edit, never mind.....looked at the link

Also, need to get the frame of the truck sandblasted...it is starting to rust. :(

That tig welding looks pretty impressive :drool: I would be embarrassed to show off any of my welds :eek: Overall that looks like a pretty clean setup you've got.

On a side note, I think you need to throw an aftermarket exhaust on it and sell me the stock cat-back for real cheap ;)

Do we get SVT discounts there? :laugh: What type of work do you guys do? Also, need to get the frame of the truck sandblasted...it is starting to rust. :(

We got some dimensions to consider and then we are thinking about putting a kit together so the air ride setup thats on my car is available to anyone else with a contour or a cougar. Its in the works and when we complete the design stuff a discounted price will def be available for those on this page. I'll keep everyone posted.

We can handle your sandblasting needs no problem as well. Price is all depending on what size the frame is and how much you want to do. Usually I like to see things in person so I can really narrow it down.

That tig welding looks pretty impressive :drool: I would be embarrassed to show off any of my welds :eek: Overall that looks like a pretty clean setup you've got.

On a side note, I think you need to throw an aftermarket exhaust on it and sell me the stock cat-back for real cheap ;)

LOL!! I learned how to weld that day...actually not, but thats what my partner Nic was telling people when they were calling the shop, "B-dog's learning to weld today" hahaha I'm sure your welding skills arent that bad...even if they are it can be remedied with a little more practice.

I've thought about just building custom stainless headers and a full stainless exhaust for it in some months to come so i will consider the sale.

We got some dimensions to consider and then we are thinking about putting a kit together so the air ride setup thats on my car is available to anyone else with a contour or a cougar. Its in the works and when we complete the design stuff a discounted price will def be available for those on this page. I'll keep everyone posted.

We can handle your sandblasting needs no problem as well. Price is all depending on what size the frame is and how much you want to do. Usually I like to see things in person so I can really narrow it down.

79 F-250. 8 foot bed, reg cab. I would just want to get it to the point where the rust is gone and some sort of coating on there. We don't drive it winters, so that wouldn't be a problem. I am in the process or swapping out the gas tank on the rear (got it off this weekend :shocked:) and noticed how bad it has gotten in the past year. Rest of the truck is in very good shape (only 17K miles on it).

79 F-250. 8 foot bed, reg cab. I would just want to get it to the point where the rust is gone and some sort of coating on there. We don't drive it winters, so that wouldn't be a problem. I am in the process or swapping out the gas tank on the rear (got it off this weekend :shocked:) and noticed how bad it has gotten in the past year. Rest of the truck is in very good shape (only 17K miles on it).

so i take it the cab, along with the motor will still be in it? do you plan on removing the box at all? the more youre able to take off the cleaner we can get it. if you could pull the box we could probably do a pretty bang up job for 200-300 bucks.

so i take it the cab, along with the motor will still be in it? do you plan on removing the box at all? the more youre able to take off the cleaner we can get it. if you could pull the box we could probably do a pretty bang up job for 200-300 bucks.

Yup, everything would still be on it. Box should come off easy, no bolts are really rusted yet. The ones for the gas tank still had the original grease on them. :eek:

If/when this ever developes, put my name on the list.

I had a 78 f-150 ranger lifted up on super swampers and had 5-inch truck stacks on it and a built 351 winsor....my first vehicle i ever owned... then times got tuff and i sold my baby to my bro~:cry: Best truck i ever owned thats for sure!

I had a 78 f-150 ranger lifted up on super swampers and had 5-inch truck stacks on it and a built 351 winsor....my first vehicle i ever owned... then times got tuff and i sold my baby to my bro~:cry: Best truck i ever owned thats for sure!

460 is the only way to go. :laugh: Speaking of that, I need to retake the fuel pump out and see how bad it is. Brand new, used maybe 5 miles, but all that rust from the tank got to it....I think. After that, need to check out the filter on the carb. If those are good, I am seriously lost as to what is causing it to not run. Low mile vehicles suck Tony!!!! :crazy:

Back