• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

On their new kits the up-pipe to the turbo is routed over the trans between the firewall.....Or at least it is supposed to...

Someday we may find out. We have been waiting on this kit to be finished by Nautilus for how many months?

wow, I must be out of the loop, I knew the last redesign had the up pipe follow the stock exhaust route for more ground clearence. I was not aware that there was a third design now.

Mike, I would personally come straight out of the block. Right now I am still using the provided copper/rubber hose drain line. I tapped the block and am using the 90 degree fitting. Run behind the header the hose wrap and hose burn. I plan, at some point, to re route the drain line. It will be -10an and come straight out of the block and go out and around the header and up to the turbo. I think that newer NPG kits come with a setup like this.

That too. If I had to do it I would just mount the turbo back behind the rear head. There is a Mazda6 running out there with twin turbos. He had a fun time mounting it, but it works. I put pictures up on here a while back of it. Pretty crazy.

how about this?

DSC_2373.jpg

Is it going to cook the oil being that close?

Certainly is a concern. However I plan to wrap it with heat wrap to prevent it from really getting that hot. There is a lot of air flow going through that area though with it being right infront of the cooling package.

Certainly is a concern. However I plan to wrap it with heat wrap to prevent it from really getting that hot. There is a lot of air flow going through that area though with it being right infront of the cooling package.

I had a 2k degree sleeve on my oil drain and it still burned through since its behind the header. Also any concern about the flow of oil since its just about horizontal going into the block?

ba71e254.jpg

I had a 2k degree sleeve on my oil drain and it still burned through since its behind the header. Also any concern about the flow of oil since its just about horizontal going into the block?

Well the line isn't touching the header for one. If anything it would be heating up the fitting rather than a hose so I'm not worried about burn through. As far as the flow goes the line isn't horizontal there is a slight angle to it and with the flow going through that line and the fact that it is a -10AN size line there shouldn't be an issue with any kind of back pressure.

Last edited:
Updates

Updates

Did a little work on the rear of the car to prep for the final fuel tank, pump, and lines installation.

rearsuspension2.jpg

rearsuspension.jpg

framerust.jpg

porcoverage.jpg

por2kp.jpg

undercoating2.jpg

undercoating1.jpg

undercoating3.jpg

I'll be sand blasting the rear subframe and painting it up in chassis black and then installing this stuff...

ADDCO rear 22mm sway bar
img00486201203121817.jpg

PRT rear suspension components
prtsuspension.jpg

Last edited:
hey does the addco bar fit without problems? i heard it does because it doesnt have that kink in it. im planning on running one but thats an issue for me

hey does the addco bar fit without problems? i heard it does because it doesnt have that kink in it. im planning on running one but thats an issue for me

Pole120 has one too. I seem to remember mine having a kink in it though... I'll have to look at it again.

Back