• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

New fuel system components arrived...

New fuel system components arrived...

I mean business now... -10AN supply to pump, -8AN supply from filter to rail, -6AN return line.

fuelpump1.jpg

filtersump.jpg

Very nice but dont forget a check valve on the pressure side and the Fuel pump controller from Aeromotive. Or you will have 1 hot fuel from it circulating. 2 unless your pump is hooked to a race switch, you need a check valve. These are just hard learned lessons I have had to deal with.

Very nice but dont forget a check valve on the pressure side and the Fuel pump controller from Aeromotive. Or you will have 1 hot fuel from it circulating. 2 unless your pump is hooked to a race switch, you need a check valve. These are just hard learned lessons I have had to deal with.

I knew about the check valve as I've read up on other people's installs on a few different forums. I'm still on the fence with the fuel pump controller from Aeromotive. Cheapest I could find it was $281.14. Plus to use it you need to have an MSD tach driver. If I need it I've got a small controller that I can program that should do the trick. However that can get tricky. I'd almost prefer to just install a fuel cooler on the return line to address the increase in temperature.

Last edited:
Oh it will be stored in the winter, but that won't happen until mid/late November. Made a trip to the bone yard today... picked up the bases for my racing seats. Then I designed up an adapter plate to make it work. A lot cheaper then buying the Corbeau seat tracks at $94 a piece plus shipping.

seattracks.jpg

seattracks2.jpg

seattracks3.jpg
fx1proadapterplate.jpg

Man the car is really coming together, looking like a winner. I saw your post about the seat brackets, I installed the same thing got some at the junk yard. After installing them I was about one inch off the roof and I am not a tall guy 5'9". I actually had to cut the stock brackets if I am not mistaken I cut 1 1/2 in the back and 1" in the front, I cut less in the front because the seat was leaning forward a little but may be different on you case.

Man the car is really coming together, looking like a winner. I saw your post about the seat brackets, I installed the same thing got some at the junk yard. After installing them I was about one inch off the roof and I am not a tall guy 5'9". I actually had to cut the stock brackets if I am not mistaken I cut 1 1/2 in the back and 1" in the front, I cut less in the front because the seat was leaning forward a little but may be different on you case.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm about the same height as you at 5'9"-5'10". Do you have pictures of your setup that you could share/send to me?

This! I did what you're doing when I made my first set of brackets and it was crazy high in my Forza's. Mind you I'm 6'-1". I tried a few different options but in the end I just ended up building my own brackets out of steel flat bar. It's very simple.

Mounted the turbo to route my turbo oil supply and return. -10AN going into the block just above the pan. It's interesting getting around the header. Looking like I'm going to be doing a 1/2" NPT 90deg out of the block to a NPT-AN adapter then a -10AN 45deg. I'll put up more pics after I've drilled and tapped the block and then made the line. Until then... turbo glory...

mockup1y.jpg

mockup2i.jpg

i wouldnt visualize much room to route a downpipe over the trans and between the firewall and shift linkage.

i wouldnt visualize much room to route a downpipe over the trans and between the firewall and shift linkage.

That too. If I had to do it I would just mount the turbo back behind the rear head. There is a Mazda6 running out there with twin turbos. He had a fun time mounting it, but it works. I put pictures up on here a while back of it. Pretty crazy.

Back