• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Sounds like you need some...
manpons.jpg

If what Mike is saying is coming straight from the horse's mouth or in this case, the guy who designed and built the clutch, then I'd be inclined to believe it.

Your going to make him leave the site......again.

i don't contribue anything to this site so i hope you wouldnt miss me. well, i did contribute to the badass banner on the top of your screen. do what you want, say what joo will! i'm gonna rust a middle finger in the side of my car and an arrow, pointing to C.E.G. ha!

i don't contribue anything to this site so i hope you wouldnt miss me. well, i did contribute to the badass banner on the top of your screen. do what you want, say what joo will! i'm gonna rust a middle finger in the side of my car and an arrow, pointing to C.E.G. ha!

See why do you have to be like that. Because people don't agree with you...anger and hatred comes to the table? You can't throw those temper tantrums every time somebody disagrees with you man.

LOL. sorry but you guys argue invalid points constantly its pretty annoying. everyone here is a know it all. i don't ever claim to know it all, but when i do know something, i like to make my point. if you actualy knew me you'd know i'm not throwing a "temper tantrum" more like being sarcastic. i really could care less what you think or anyone for that matter. sorry to pull your thread off topic mike. good luck w/ your swap

seeing as clutchnet is the company that suggested i do this i would say they do know what they are talking about, your right. GOD im' so sick of this site i forget you guys know EVERYTHING its not like i had a clutchnet disc i dunno A YEAR before you or anything guys. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT I FORGOT YOU GUYS KNOW AND HAVE DONE EVERYTHING!

LOL. sorry but you guys argue invalid points constantly its pretty annoying everyone here is a know it all.. i don't ever claim to know it all, but when i do know something, i like to make my point. if you actualy knew me you'd know i'm not throwing a "temper tantrum" more like being sarcastic. i really could care less what you think or anyone for that matter. sorry to pull your thread off topic mike. good luck w/ your swap

Tyler my man it seems like your losing your cool. Calm down. Listen it would appear that it was just you and me having this discussion about the ClutchNet clutch no one else. I'd also go ahead and say MY points (again not "you guys") are rather valid and I never claimed to know it all. In your post your acting as if everyone here on CEG was questioning you, I actually bolded and colored your statements above. It is JUST ME, not EVERYONE. I know you had a ClutchNet clutch first, never disputed it and it's actually why I went with one because you've had such good luck with it. I've also been keeping my replies to your posts reasonable in the argument/debate I wish you could have done the same. When you blow up in your posts like that then you bring on the fire and everyone starts flaming. If you are that passionate about it, which I know you are, you can just PM me if you want to go crazy with it.

I also accept your apology, if you have anything else you want to discuss about the clutch just PM me and we'll take if from there. Everyone else lay off TRicker and try to stay on topic. I'll post more updates as they come, which most likely will be Wed.

Tyler here is that picture I promised. My last point on the matter... debris could get trapped in the cavities where the window use to be. Not saying it will as I would think there should be enough open area for it to clear, but it's possibly and that's all I was trying to say earlier and that is why they have the windows there (ignore the dust in the pic :laugh:)

dscf2169n.jpg

my outer plates are stamped on the edges hidng the spring completely. to the untrained eye, its a solid hub disc.

seriously though? this site sucks, your all know it all's. -TRicker- out

Engine Update

Engine Update

Well guys I just dropped off the block and crank at Wagamon Bros. My K1 rods are scheduled to be delivered today from UPS as well! So Friday I will be bringing the rods, heads and bolts to Wagamon Bros. at which point they will wet measure the cc's of the heads, weigh the rods, and determine the appropriate dish size for my pistons. Then they will hone out the block and order the pistons. The pistons will most likely take 2-3 weeks from CP, but the machine work will be done on the block by next week. I better test fit my turbo piping this weekend and then start pulling my 2.5L out. I might be able to get my car out for paint yet before the end of December! This is moving a lot faster then I thought it would!

I'll take pics of the rods and post them when I receive them today.

Those look weak. Your car is still going to be slow. Your t-red svt is ugly expecially with all your gay powder coating done. You will be using your new fancy engine as a paper weight soon.

But anyway, good luck ;) :laugh:

Are you sure your doing the work on your car? Your hands look really clean :laugh:

Haha. Yea as you can see from the picture I install everything with plastic bags as so I don't get anything on my hands. I figure the plastic will tear off and work its way out in oil changes :shrug:

I'm actually debating about having Wagamon Bros. just build the short block for me. They will have my entire engine at their shop minus the timing components come Friday anyway. However he was saying it would be an additional $300... and for $300 I think I can take a morning out of one of my weekends to put everything together myself. I really don't feel like throwing $1k for just labor on this engine. Especially when I have the tools and knowledge to do it myself.

Only thing that will be different for me with this engine is that K1 does not recommend using plasticgage for checking bearing clearance on their rods. They say to take a micrometer and measure the crankshaft to ensure I have the proper bearing clearance. They recommend 0.001" per inch of crankshaft diameter when measuring from the crown of the bearing.

Errrr I think I would have the pros do that. Just for peace of mind so you know its done right/perfect and it will be under warranty. 300$ isn't that much when you consider what it's going to cost you if something goes wrong

Oh yeah I found where you was asking about the mondeo cams. I was looking too but if you want a aftermarket cam shaft go here http://www.catcams.be/800x600/mainframe.htm?english
they make turbo apps too. This is for the 2.5 but I know they make 3.0 cams too. Spridget on CFO has/had some. I know they cost slot as does any mod motor. But it seems to me you have a plethera of cash lol

Oh yeah I found where you was asking about the mondeo cams. I was looking too but if you want a aftermarket cam shaft go here http://www.catcams.be/800x600/mainframe.htm?english
they make turbo apps too. This is for the 2.5 but I know they make 3.0 cams too. Spridget on CFO has/had some. I know they cost slot as does any mod motor. But it seems to me you have a plethera of cash lol

Yea I know about cat cams but they have got mixed reviews. Also the Noble engines use the ST220 Mondeo cams and have put down numbers in the range of 400-750whp... So I really don't see the need. It may seem like I have a plethora of cash, but I don't. I'm on a budget just like anyone else but its a monthly budget. So every month I can afford a large purchase. This month was extrude hone for the intake and rods. Next month is machining, pistons and x-mas presents. Month after that clevite bearings and ARP engine bolt kit. Then hopefully with some x-mas money I'll be sitting good to have my car painted in Jan/Feb.

Have you been able to find any st cams? Also I wonder if a st ecu would work in our car and if a xcal would work on it. I would think it would be alotor easy to tune since you wouldn't have to comp for no imrc

Errrr I think I would have the pros do that. Just for peace of mind so you know its done right/perfect and it will be under warranty. 300$ isn't that much when you consider what it's going to cost you if something goes wrong

i think i actually agree with u on this one. if that shop is gonna touch anything on that motor, let them do it all. especially the internals. if anything goes wrong, they'll be responsible for taking the motor back out & in. then again, if u're absolutely confident in ur abilities, then by all means... do it ur urself. u'll save some money that way.

Have you been able to find any st cams? Also I wonder if a st ecu would work in our car and if a xcal would work on it. I would think it would be alotor easy to tune since you wouldn't have to comp for no imrc

The cams in my 2005 Escape engine are the exact same cams in the ST220/Mondeo 3.0L V6.

i think i actually agree with u on this one. if that shop is gonna touch anything on that motor, let them do it all. especially the internals. if anything goes wrong, they'll be responsible for taking the motor back out & in. then again, if u're absolutely confident in ur abilities, then by all means... do it ur urself. u'll save some money that way.

I am more then comfortable with my abilites to assembly my engine. I'm very mechanically inclined. The only reason I would consider using them for building the motor is time. They have people that work 8 hour days doing just that. I would have to find the time to build it during the week or on the weekend. Right now I've had to burn my vacation before Jan 1st. So I've taken off every Friday for the rest of the year as well as the week before x-mas and the week of. So I have the time to build the motor next month. Which will put $300 or so back in my pocket to use towards my paint job. That is going to be a huge expense. That is one skill set I don't have. I have the tools to do a quality paint job, just not the knowledge and know how. I plan to experiment on my 94 integra, but I am not willing to wait around until I am comfortable with my skill set in painting. So that is why I am taking it to the best known shop in the twin cities, which is going to set me back $6k-10k (hopefully on the lower end of that). They promise that when I get my car back it will be better then when it rolled off the showroom floor. They unbolt everything possible and remove all the glass to do the job. My brother is interning at the place as well, but even with that I'm not getting a discount. I have to take the car into their shop in a couple of weeks to show them the car and obtain an official quote.

Back