• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Alright here are my weekend plans....

- pack up transmission (since I now have everything required per Terry's shipping requests, and an old style shift tower to send him)
- start mould for pre98 CF trunk

packing peanuts!!
penauts.jpg

Oh and then I took this shot as I was wiring up my garage heater in the attic of my garage... damn I'm glad I did this to my car :drool:

roofoverview.jpg

Please do me a favor and paint the floor of the car HOK True Blue.

why... who's going to see it? Seems like a waste of paint to me. Not to mention I'd have to tear the harness up and the remaining center console pieces... remove the ebrake and shifter base. I guess I don't see any benefit in doing so.

half ass.

EDIT1: same reason you painted your trunk..... its covered with carpet... whos going to see it...... Youve gotten this far and dont want to remove 2 harnesses that line the bottom of the car? Do it right or dont do it at all.

EDIT 2: why does ford paint the floor of the car then.. no ones going to see it........

half ass.

EDIT1: same reason you painted your trunk..... its covered with carpet... whos going to see it...... Youve gotten this far and dont want to remove 2 harnesses that line the bottom of the car? Do it right or dont do it at all.

EDIT 2: why does ford paint the floor of the car then.. no ones going to see it........

wow, really?

thats probably one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. My car is 5 colors(you can see 4 of them), 6 if you count carbon fiber, and out of the 150+ events that ive had it to and not one person has said a word about it. would it be nice to paint it, sure, but at the price of that paint i wouldnt want to paint something that is going to be covered from day one. so not painting something like that on a car where performance is the focus, who gives an eff.

half ass.

to your EDIT 1... I painted the trunk because I'm not putting carpet back into it.

to your EDIT 2... because it is bare steel and would rust if they didn't. They had to put a top coat on it for the corrosion protection, but not a clear and that is why there is no clear coat on the inside... same reason why there isnt clear in the engine bay or trunk :shrug:

Tranny updates

Tranny updates

Well the trans is coming together nicely. Just got some pic updates from Terry...

08 Focus 3.5 final drive mounted on diff
riesdiff.jpg

Disassembled input shaft
riesinput.jpg

Assembled 3.5 final drive output shaft from 08 Focus
riesoutput.jpg

Last edited:
I tell you what... routing wire harnesses after haven taken them out over 2 1/2 years ago... major PITA. I'm going to be surfing through that Ford CD for a while I think.

Transmission build pics

riesinternal2.jpg

Attachments

• ries internal3..JPG
    ries internal3..JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ries internal1..JPG
    ries internal1..JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
Fuel injectors - Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors, p/n ID1000.60.14

Just like to say Injector Dynamics are good guys. I worked with Tony Palo to obtain the right injectors and they matched the price of a suppliers off of eBay, which would not have been under warranty had I purchased from them.

id1000.jpg

id10006014closeup2.jpg

Last edited:
Back