• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

A package arrived for me a few days ago... and PRT delivers ;)

So these will be going in as soon as I get around to dropping my rear subframe to box it in.

prtsuspension.jpg

How much did that run you?

I like the idea of off the shelf bolt on awesomness. doesnt jost also offer a complete rear subframe to go with those?

How much did that run you?

I like the idea of off the shelf bolt on awesomness. doesnt jost also offer a complete rear subframe to go with those?

Contact Pole120 for pricing. I'm not aware of any subframe that he would offer. He boxed his subframe in with plate steel and welding... maybe that is what your thinking of?

The only subframes I remember being offered for our platform was the ATI rear subframe.There was a group buy a long time ago for them. It had beefed up mounting points for the swaybar. If you can't find one of them. Search for a thread showing you how to box in your stock rear subframe.

I can weld, but I dont trust my welding to suspension parts.

why not ?

I did mine; i can tell you, the feedback through the seat of your pants is well worth the effort of welding.

Maybe pick up a subframe and have a trial run .. G.

I can weld, but I dont trust my welding to suspension parts. I was hoping josh was going to offer reinforced subframes in a package with the rest of his chassis upgrades...

Not to clutter up the thread, but I can do subframe reinforcements in addition to the other parts.

Just wondering how far along you are. Considering we are a week from October, You could say you have a month to get this beast put together and tuned before the snow starts to fly. or is it going to be a winter project on building the motor and droping it in :) Then a tune in the spring

Yup that's the one.

As for an update... finally got the shop lights on a seperate circuit. Hacked a hole in the ceiling of the garage and spent a few hours sweating my balls off laying wiring and installing outlets, but now I've can have storage in the rafters. However that said... let there be light ;)

Now I can paint and have a good look at how everything is covering.

doorprep.jpg

Last edited:
Back