• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Yea come on Mike get off the computer and get in the garage and start that little lawn mower engine you got out there. And it's not like you have a job or anything to go to, all those parts are like bottom of the barrel cheap crap.

On a serious note, what Turbo and intercooler are you going to be running? I may be wrong but I don't think that has come up yet.

And another thing is I wonder how big your coil pack is, because with my 01-02 style coil pack which is much smaller than the normal contour one, I was able to stuff it behind the manifold, it's a tight fit but it does work

+1, I was even able to fit it on the back 04-05 style manifold with the 04/05 style uim. there's a slight secret, I'll post pics after I get past my current nightmare...

[edit] the taurus wires cost twice as much though and finding high perf wires for that coilpack is near impossible unless I'm missing something...

I believe he plans on running the coilpack in the firewall like my SVT was (pud's idea) with my old MSD DIS-4 ignition. Can't wait to hear that thing launch on slicks with the stutter box! :D

I believe he plans on running the coilpack in the firewall like my SVT was (pud's idea) with my old MSD DIS-4 ignition. Can't wait to hear that thing launch on slicks with the stutter box! :D

Actually I'm probably going to run it on top of the front valve cover... underneath my ST220 engine cover ;) That's the same way the ST220's have it mounted as well.

fordmondeost2202002800x.jpg

Actually I'm probably going to run it on top of the front valve cover... underneath my ST220 engine cover ;) That's the same way the ST220's have it mounted as well.

fordmondeost2202002800x.jpg

Please post pics of exactly how this works out, because I looked at mounting mine up there and it looked like it was going to be hitting the hood. also, the ST220 is an oval port engine, see the 3 runners on the uim? so why would it need a breather for the imrc???

Please post pics of exactly how this works out, because I looked at mounting mine up there and it looked like it was going to be hitting the hood. also, the ST220 is an oval port engine, see the 3 runners on the uim? so why would it need a breather for the imrc???

thats exactly what i was thinking.

if it was a show car why not and put a speaker in it.lol

did either you bother to read CSVT#49s post with the picture? its there for the coil pack, since that is where its mounted on the ST220 engine. :troutslap:

Paint prep starts today! Bringing the whole car down with 400 grit. My hope is to have the underside completely sanded, cleaned, degreased, and primered before the end of today. Then tomorrow I'm thinking of coating it all with bed liner or that 3M rubberized undercoating underneath to last the tests of time.

I read the posts, I was just clearing up the st220 didnt have imrc, and also wondering if that huge grill would clear the hood on cdw27's since an st220 isnt on our platform and is a bigger car...

I read the posts, I was just clearing up the st220 didnt have imrc, and also wondering if that huge grill would clear the hood on cdw27's since an st220 isnt on our platform and is a bigger car...

Not the first one to use it... it fits.

Back