• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Must resist making fun and yelling at people...must resist.

Ok, I think it is time for you to paint it. I don't want to hear any excuses about the temp...sure it is only 45 degrees today, just go steal tonys garage for a while. Push his svt out of the way :)

hurry up. :p

Ah shut it :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again... you can't rush perfection ;)
ohsnap1.gif

Yea come on Mike get off the computer and get in the garage and start that little lawn mower engine you got out there. And it's not like you have a job or anything to go to, all those parts are like bottom of the barrel cheap crap.

On a serious note, what Turbo and intercooler are you going to be running? I may be wrong but I don't think that has come up yet.

And another thing is I wonder how big your coil pack is, because with my 01-02 style coil pack which is much smaller than the normal contour one, I was able to stuff it behind the manifold, it's a tight fit but it does work

no im not serious that was a lame joke. well no ••••. i know hes not using 2.5 heads but no where did i read what they were

no im not serious that was a lame joke. well no ••••. i know hes not using 2.5 heads but no where did i read what they were

I really want to be an ass right now, but I will be nice. Look back there are like five pages about the heads, they are far from 2.5 heads

In the time it has taken you to ask these redundant questions, you could have looked the answer up yourself. It has only been discussed about 1000 times.

I am saying this now because this is the only time I will be able to say it. My car is faster than yours.

Last edited:
even tho i spent the last 2 days reading 82 pages of posts and didnt see anything about which heads they r.but i will go back a few pages

Quick question. What type of milage are you expected to get out of a set up like this? High teens, low 20's?

On a serious note, what Turbo and intercooler are you going to be running? I may be wrong but I don't think that has come up yet.

And another thing is I wonder how big your coil pack is, because with my 01-02 style coil pack which is much smaller than the normal contour one, I was able to stuff it behind the manifold, it's a tight fit but it does work

When I bought the NPG Racing kit I opted for the upgraded Garret turbo. I have since forgetten the model number and details, but I'll dig it out one of these days. As for the intercooler I am on the fence. They shipped me an intercooler with the NPG kit, but I'm not a fan. I mean it will work, but it is going to make the cooling package really thick. I don't think the factory fans are strong enough to pull that kind of air flow through that thick of a package. So I have everything required to run a water to air intercooler as well. I think I'm going to mount it behind the fog light and then run a cooler for the water below the fuel tank. I've got a high output Flojet water pump, which should work very well.

As for the coil pack... back on like page 2 I believe... I'm running an Accel super coil pack driven by a MSD DIS-4. The accel super coil is the same size as the OEM piece.

even tho i spent the last 2 days reading 82 pages of posts and didnt see anything about which heads they r.but i will go back a few pages

Alright man first step change your user profile settings so that instead of 82 pages you are only looking at 21. Second if you search the 3L duratec section I even had a separate thread on just the heads alone. However since you seem to be having difficulty... I'm running the 3L heads which were sent out to BPE Racing heads for a stage 2 P&P job and had them flow tested. I then worked with Mountune to select a set of cams to make the most of the P&P work, which ended up being a set of high lift Noble custom ground cams.

Quick question. What type of milage are you expected to get out of a set up like this? High teens, low 20's?

MPG's hasn't even crossed my mind... not really a factor in building a track/street car. So I have no idea... maybe 9mpg??? We'll see.

Depends on how he drives. If he babies it, then probably a little over 20mpg. I rarely got better than 16mpg on my car (got 21mpg once)... and was usually getting around 14mpg. He certainly has the potential to get worse gas mileage than that... especially if he's needing 60# injectors.

MPG = 0

CSVT#49 = dyno queen

Putting the power to the ground with a couple sets of these....

dyno.jpg

done and done.

Last edited:
thanks. its just i know that u didnt use 2.5 heads but i didnt know if those are what 3l head look like. im glad ur getting her done!

No I think not. I am building this car to drive. I plan to take it to work 2-3 days a week.
Good. I hate when people park their cars and are afraid to use them.
Edit
**oh, and thanks for the settings tip, I had around 80 some pages for your thread. Never knew we could change the number of post per page.** :blackeye:

Back