• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Lol thanks I'll rent one tomorrow.. I read that in the book I guess it does hold some truth.. Thanks bro!

I just use a pry bar,works every time with out fail

How many times have you done this and on how many different cars? If they're popping out easily with a pry bar it's time to replace the retainer clip.....

Slide hammer and propper removal tool is the way to go personally.

How many times have you done this and on how many different cars? If they're popping out easily with a pry bar it's time to replace the retainer clip.....

Slide hammer and propper removal tool is the way to go personally.

^this.

not to mention that with a pry bar you risk damaging the transmission case, or even putting a hole in it. the proper tool has no risk of the that and works great.

Alright well I called DB Performance and talked to them about breaking in the engine and tuning it as well as some general discussions around my goals and component selection.

As it turns out (and I some what knew this already after I got deeper into the build) the 42# injectors will max out at around 460hp @ 5500rpm. At higher RPM's they can be made to work, but it's not optimal and is pushing the injectors hard. After some calc's it looks like I'm going to be needing 60# injectors to hit my 500whp. Same goes for the 90mm Lighting MAF. At around 450hp the MAF reading is pushing 4.9v. So after talking with Danny I am now on the hunt for a Grannetelli/SCT BA2400 MAF to better meet my needs. These parts are now up for sale in the classified section. He also mentioned that I should build the engine with everything installed as I want it, but just limit my boost to as little as I can get (5-8psi) and drive it for about 150miles then bring it in for a tune.

Looking at DB's schedule it looks like he could have me in as soon as May 28th, but since I'm still working on paint prep I told him it will most likely be early June. So I'll be giving him a call as soon as I've got the car back together.

could also look into the VMP blow thru HPX maf... its 650 capable in a 3'' ID housing, its what im using

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=234&parent=99 entire unit

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=193&parent=30 sensor info

Looks interesting. I chose the BA-2400 90mm MAF because Danny at DB Performance has had great luck with them and they have provided the best outcome time and time again over other options that he has worked with.

hopefully it works out for you :)

my 3.0L turbo swap idled like factor on a factory pcm with the maf, and 39# cobra injectors. was pretty sweet.

i hate waiting on parts... still waiting for my wheels, fenders and working on a custom hood. i really need to update pics.

what rods/pistons did you end up going with? i dont feel like going thru 80 pages lol

what rods/pistons did you end up going with? i dont feel like going thru 80 pages lol

80 pages... you need to change your settings man. I'm only looking at 21 pages. That was on either the first or second page I thought. In any case

K1 Technologies Rods
Diamond Racing Pistons

When this is all said and done I will start a new thread and summarize everything and put all the pictures in one spot. As this thread has gotten extremely long and in a number of spots gotten way off course due to some rambling.

on the subject of injectors, have you put any thought into having them rated/calibrated/set-matched? I worked for a company for a while calibrating injectors for spray bars and found it quite fascinating the distribution differences between each injector depending how they were arranged in the fuel rail. I looked lightly into the subject a number of years ago and I know there are a couple places that offer that service but I've never really found much discussion on the matter.

Must resist making fun and yelling at people...must resist.

Ok, I think it is time for you to paint it. I don't want to hear any excuses about the temp...sure it is only 45 degrees today, just go steal tonys garage for a while. Push his svt out of the way :)

Back