• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

if you use the gold rims, what color would you do the calipers in though? in fact, what are you going to be doing in the brake department?

Brake thread

this is going to be the contour of all contours dude, I can't wait to see it finished. josh's suspension parts look to be coming along nicely. are you guys working together on the front LCA/traction bar situation?

Not really. I did tell Josh I was interested in buying his rear suspension parts. Just waiting to hear back on a PM as to when he'll be ready to sell me a setup.

house of kolor is top notch paint, the color he's picked is like that color, but in a premium tricoat. it should have a lot more depth than that. sort of like the difference between t-red and laser red.

Talked with Steve at HeadWerks... he basically said not to worry about the scoring. If I used the scotch-brite bad to take off the edges and if the cam spins freely assembly now I should still be good to go... phew ;)

Should have pics of the assembled heads tomorrow afternoon if all goes well when I get home from work. Also plan to order my paint by the end of the week.

Glad you decided on going Blue! But did you ever look into the Porsche Cobalt Blue? Absolutely sick color!

No, but I did look at Ford Blue Flame, but House of Kolor is basically the same color, but IMO a higher quality paint.

blue01.jpg

Hey why are you taking pictures of my truck?!! Haha looove those raptors.

Honestly never have cared for blue cars at all, but I'm pretty sure your car will look awesome in any color.

Looks like things are getting pretty close Mike, once paint is done its pretty much assembly from their right? But I am sure you still have plenty of things needing attention before this beast can go back together. Keep it coming, can't wait for the final pictures, videos, and of course the record numbers!

Kinda of... I've got to order more materials to finish the molds for the trunk lid as well as my custom hood as well as make the parts. Then I still need to finish the traction bars, however I've already made progress on that and really it only needs about another two days dedication to finish the design.

After all that I should be good to go. Then it's just taking my time to assembly everything. Once I see everything close to being ready for the initial startup I'll be giving DB Performance a call to setup a 2-3hr tuning session.

After all that I should be good to go. Then it's just taking my time to assembly everything. Once I see everything close to being ready for the initial startup I'll be giving DB Performance a call to setup a 2-3hr tuning session.

I saw make full day out of the tuning. :)

I had to read this again. The cam info is especially interesting regarding the later engines, ST220, Escape, etc. Very nice work, I don't think I've seen anything this complete ever. When a meet gets set up this spring/summer I'll definitely be there to check this out.

Still hoping to make it to Spring Zing?

It's gonna be tough to make it with my car. If my car comes it will be on a trailer most likely incomplete. It would be nice to have it painted with the carbon fiber work completed. Engine may have to wait till the MN meet I setup this summer.

Cylinder head assembly started tonight. I finished installed all the valves, valve springs, retainers, keepers, and oil plugs on the front head. All I got to say is installing those keepers is a major PITA. Took me 2-1/2 hrs to clean, prep, and assembly the one head. Grant it I did have a few beers and I had to use my blast cabinet to clean off the plugs.

Pics...

prepp.jpg

valvestemsealreplacer.jpg

replacerdirections.jpg

installseals.jpg

installedseals.jpg

springprep.jpg

springsetup.jpg

looseinstall.jpg

valves.jpg

chambercloseup.jpg

More pics...

installedsprings.jpg

plugs.jpg

plugholes.jpg

lifterready.jpg

Now all I have to do is order new lifters and I can complete the cylinder head assembly. Well that and do this to the rear head as well... ugh.

sooo clean!

your going with an ST220 UIM and LIM right? are the heads port matched to the LIM? I know there's up to a 3/32 lip of aluminum head showing through the plastic LIM on my engine...

I had to fight off the urge to hunt down my porting bit and soften that up some... but I think it'll happen in the future...

:drool::drool::drool: So about how much mulah you got just in the heads?

Back