• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

More Head Disassembly Pics...

More Head Disassembly Pics...

And the rest of the pics...

headdis8.jpg

headdis9.jpg

headdis10.jpg

headdis11.jpg

headdis12.jpg

Dude you are the F-ing man!!!! This is the most EPIC build in CEG History, you are going to go down in the history books!

Now hurry up and finish this damn thing! :laugh:

Dude you are the F-ing man!!!! This is the most EPIC build in CEG History, you are going to go down in the history books!

Now hurry up and finish this damn thing! :laugh:

Thanks man. I hope this car lives up to my, and everyone else's for that matter, expectations. I don't know if I am the first one to go this crazy with a build, but I am the first (that I know of) to advertise it and provide updates and pictures of it.

Well my valve stem seal remover will arrive Wed. So I've got both of my heads disassembled to that point...

Oh and I just ordered 10 yards of carbon fiber 2x2 twill :cool: stay tuned for that awesomeness.

Awesome work, you are right having the right tools makes all the difference. Which brings me to my point, the second tool kit you have, the one for the tranny has a valve stem seal remover. I have the same kit and have used the remover. It is tool# T94P-6510-AH. It is designed to work with a slide hammer, but works fine without.

Cody

Awesome work, you are right having the right tools makes all the difference. Which brings me to my point, the second tool kit you have, the one for the tranny has a valve stem seal remover. I have the same kit and have used the remover. It is tool# T94P-6510-AH. It is designed to work with a slide hammer, but works fine without.

Cody

You are correct sir, I found it doing a search for that exact tool. This is another reason why I bought it... it also comes with the piston rod guides :cool:

All my tools came today :cool:

Heads are now completely disassembled.

valveseal1.jpg

valveseal2.jpg

valveseal3.jpg

valveseal4.jpg

valveseal5.jpg

valveseal6.jpg

Now... to the oven with the heads to be cleaned and prepped for shipment to BPE. Then... hello stage2 port and polish ;)

I don't know why you wasted your money on that stuff...I aint gonna let you make molds of my mods. :laugh:

Don't worry this isn't to make parts/molds from any of your mods. :laugh:

Going to make a nice carbon fiber blanket for those cold nights?

If there is some left over after my projects and the wife kicks me out... maybe.

i cant see that turning out the way you want. hope it does though, i'm sure that stuff wasnt cheap.

Oh please. I've been making fiberglass parts since before you got your license to drive boy. This won't be that much different. Plus I have experts a phone call away that can help me out in a pinch. Also don't worry I didn't spend nearly what you think I did and for what I am doing this will work perfectly.

Don't any of you get your panties in a bundle. This will be a first in Contour history (and probably the last :laugh:) that anyone has done anything like this. So just sit back and wait for the project to be finished. This was just merely a tease to let your minds wonder what this crazy guy is up to.

Back