• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

true, but again they almost all have a much larger aftermarket than the Contour. Dont get me wrong, I would love to see someone find a way to put decent power to the ground with the V6, but i also know it will be a difficult and expensive road with few people willing to pay for it.

That is one of the reasons why there really isn't an aftermarket for the Contour. If everyone had that attitude nothing would ever get done.

I don't think it will be difficult at all. Just need to take the time to review the various vehicle systems and figure out what things can be tweeked to make things work better. This WILL take time, and it WILL take customized parts, but it CAN and WILL be done, at least on my car. I'm not promising it will do it right out of the box once my car starts under it's new power, but it will eventually.

It honestly might be cheaper to give terry haines a call and see if he has any AWD Mondeo systems lying around his shop. Just sayin, and it would be badass.

That is one of the reasons why there really isn't an aftermarket for the Contour. If everyone had that attitude nothing would ever get done.

I don't think it will be difficult at all. Just need to take the time to review the various vehicle systems and figure out what things can be tweeked to make things work better. This WILL take time, and it WILL take customized parts, but it CAN and WILL be done, at least on my car. I'm not promising it will do it right out of the box once my car starts under it's new power, but it will eventually.

Are you sure the reason isn't the fact that it had a very limited run that was never really received by the public?

Me either.

Are you sure the reason isn't the fact that it had a very limited run that was never really received by the public?

Me either.

Notice I didn't say it was the only reason... That is yet another reason too. However the Contour shares enough in common with the Mondeo and Cougar that there could have been more support for it. However even so yes your talking about a limited market, but on the flip side if someone started supporting it... they would have a monoply on it. I mean look headers are a good example. MSDS owns that market, WeaponR stepped in for a little bit, but did so in the wrong way and well we all know the story.

It honestly might be cheaper to give terry haines a call and see if he has any AWD Mondeo systems lying around his shop. Just sayin, and it would be badass.

LMAO! Yeah that would be a no.

Oh that was a good laugh. Yea I would sooner try the Jaguar X-type swap before I went through that hassle. However as it has been mentioned the drivetrain can not support the kind of power I'm targeting.

Engine Tear Down Begins (finally)

Engine Tear Down Begins (finally)

Well now that my 3L can start going back together within a few days and the paint work will be kicking off shortly and things are final seem as if they are starting to come together... I began prepping to pull the 2.5L

Man these wheel dollies rock...

dscf2432g.jpg

On to a few pics...

dscf2427k.jpg

dscf2429e.jpg

dscf2430e.jpg

dscf2436s.jpg

I'm thinking I'll have it pulled by Sunday (hopefully). However I'm taking my time since there is nothing wrong with this setup. Hopefully I can either turn around and sell it, or find another home for it, which is what I would prefer to do. Let it live on in a DD :cool:

Anyone every buy replacement underhood warning decals before?? Since I'm having my entire engine bay repainted I'm going to need to replace all of these decals for the belt routing, A/C warning label, etc. Called the dealer and they said I have to fill out a form, giving them the Ford engineering numbers off of the corner of each decal and then IF they can even get them, they are $16 a piece. I think there is like 6 of these things. I guess it is some outside company for Ford that reprints these things based off of what the parts guy told me.

Anyone every buy replacement underhood warning decals before?? Since I'm having my entire engine bay repainted I'm going to need to replace all of these decals for the belt routing, A/C warning label, etc. Called the dealer and they said I have to fill out a form, giving them the Ford engineering numbers off of the corner of each decal and then IF they can even get them, they are $16 a piece. I think there is like 6 of these things. I guess it is some outside company for Ford that reprints these things based off of what the parts guy told me.

What is the point of replacing them? You have a heavily modified bastard - you shouldn't be taking it anywhere that is going to need to use them....

Yea it's sold. That didn't last long at all. I called as soon as I saw your post. Geez I have been watching craigslist for something like that for a while, how the hell did I miss that :mad:

Second thought I know why, he had it listed as a Contour Sport, and clearly in the picture it was an SVT.

Yah I almost called on it but I don't have the space, pudmobile in the garage and 2 cars filling the driveway. It was tough to pass up, but no room.

Jeez I wish something like that came up around here. I'd buy it out of principle alone. Fix it up and then sell it to someone on here.

I took about an hour removing all of those on my engine bay, they look hideous I think! I mean do what you want to do its your car but why do you want to replace all of those?

I took about an hour removing all of those on my engine bay, they look hideous I think! I mean do what you want to do its your car but why do you want to replace all of those?

Some of it is useful information... yea I suppose a guy could find it all in the factory service manual or in the owners manual, but eh...

Back