• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Still shakn'.

The lot I previously mentioned fell through. Thankfully we had contingencies on the purchase and got out of the deal free and clear. What a mess.

Funny I should swing in here. Haven't been on in a long while mostly because I still fed up with this website in how slow and crappy it is. No one has bothered to fix the problems so Facebook pages are where it's at since those actually work. However I do like the layout of this website.

However all that said the car is still a work in progress. I've been held up with working on my DD (Audi TTS), my new born son (3mo), and still looking for a lot to build our house. Having said that I think we finally found one. The layout had to change a little bit, but I still am getting a shop be it not as big as the one shown in the photo previously. I've attached it up below.

Once this house is built I think you'll find my car projects will be completed within a year. So this 3.0L turbo project will finally come to an end.

rkJbS2.jpg

Been posting stuff on Facebook. Oil is in, engine has been turned over manually. Working on buttoning up the wiring. Basically preparing for first fire.

So I left while you were gathering parts for the build, and come back many years later and you've got it running. Congrats!

now working with the local tuning shop that did TRicker’s car to have it tuned. Since the car is running, grant it pig rich, but running and I now have all the leaks fixed from what I see I’m ready to schedule it for the dyno tune. Just provided the complete list detailing the build to the guy I trust there and I am patiently awaiting his response.

To be honest I’m not overly impressed with SCT and will likely be going another route, but before I abandon my investment there I’m going to wait to see what they say.

More to come… as usual.

Figured I should stop in an post an update for inquiring minds.

Car has gone to a standalone engine management system. Ended up installing a Haltech Elite 2500 with a dual wideband NTK setup. I built a brand new engine harness from scratch with automotive grade striped wiring. Upgraded the ignition system to run coil on plug with late mode Audi coils in the process. This eliminated the OEM wasted spark EDIS system. Also upgraded the IAT and ECT sensors and went to a MAP system ditching the MAF.

Back