• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

why nobody has made controls arms using two of the four stock holes and large heim joints is beyond me...... i understand its not cheap to go that route but thats a good way to go if you dont care about it being rubber dampened.

... i would still like the bearings in the sleeves. I would press them into my stock arms for the sleeper look ....G.

Sorry, not that simply. The factory arms are not setup for doing this.

Whatever happened with the spherical bearings from that uk company? Or are we talking about making bearings for only 4 bolt arms?

I'm only talking about 4 bolt LCA's.

UPDATE:

So I finally was able to freeze and press the hub bearings in as well as pressing the new DSS stage3 hubs in.

lf1vkI.jpg

why nobody has made controls arms using two of the four stock holes and large heim joints is beyond me...... i understand its not cheap to go that route but thats a good way to go if you dont care about it being rubber dampened.

How close are the two bolts to fitting into a four bolt sub frame using that idea?

Great things take time, but man, this is just taking way too long! :laugh:

Looking great, and I really cant wait to see this thing run!

Nothing has been done on the car.

But I have...

-Completely tore down and remodeled a bathroom in my house.
-Finished insulating my garage so I can keep it at 55°F all winter without creating ice dams on the roof of my house
-swapped on snow tires on all my cars
-winterized my southern spoiled Audi

Plus I was hoping if I waited long enough CEG's forum would be fixed so that it's not as slow as molasses.

Now that I have some time off for the holidays and my TTS is good to go for winter I should have some updates on the car here over the next week. Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Oh and before you get any wise ideas, here is the current layout of my garage and why I have no room until summer roles around.

rlzcHk.jpg

Need more garage!!! The motor formally found in CSVT#49 is still alive and mostly well!

Ha! Good to know. That motor was quite strong. If I would have left this car alone it would have been just fine. I'm assuming it is still running strong on the clutch that I put in it as well? Pics?

Back