• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

I may need someone to try them out for me to ensure they fit-up nicely on someone else's car too.

Form an orderly queue gentlemen please, form an orderly queue.

No pushing and shoving, no cutting and no digging up old SZ photo's for the purposes of 'persuasion' :laugh: ....G.

LOL. I tore one LCA apart tonight. Did some brainstorming over the phone with one of my brothers. I have a badass design in my mind. Will be modeling it up and building a set of prototypes soon. Stay tuned ;) I may need someone to try them out for me to ensure they fit-up nicely on someone else's car too.

I'd love to try them out, but my car is two bolt...

No. Put POR15 on the front knuckles and had to wait for them to dry. I decided to just put the knock off OEM control arms on the car so I could install the axles and get on with life. There was not enough overwhelming interest in the tubular lcas to have a bunch made. So I'll tackle that another day for my own use.

Been busy lately with my newly acquired Audi TTS. The car is insane fast and frankly scares me. 425whp and AWD. Just got plates for it today. Now to see what it can do on the highway, within speed limits of course.

Man I just want to say youre doing a hellacious job. I love the blue and think you may have actually helped me decide on which blue I want now lol. About a million ideas and questions come to mind now. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this and definitely started getting my inspiration back to work on the cougar again

Hahaha, years later and you just bought an off the shelf fast car...

I can relate though, there is getting to be more stuff i feel the coug needs to really be competitive than its worth to still have a fwd... i just keep telling myself that its fun on the freeway...

Haha... Not quite off the shelf. Far from it actually. APR built it. It's a stage3 car. However I bought it for DD use. My Camaro and Contour are still my only "fun" cars.

Been busy lately with my newly acquired Audi TTS. The car is insane fast and frankly scares me. 425whp and AWD. Just got plates for it today. Now to see what it can do on the highway, within speed limits of course.

So a DD with 425whp sounds like fun.....

Is this a winter DD as well, cause thats what every Minnesotan needs.

Pics of the new car added to the other thread.

I plan to have the SVT back down on all fours by Sun and filled with fluids, minus fuel. Wife is having a girl's night Friday so I'll have the house to myself to get some work finished up.

So a DD with 425whp sounds like fun.....

Is this a winter DD as well, cause thats what every Minnesotan needs.

Yes, this is a year round DD car for me. I sold the Civic. So if the snow gets real bad I'll drive the Expedition and the wife can drive my TTS since she hates the Expedition.

well no one has re-affirmed their interest so far ... you could be right.

If you can't build arms ... i would still like the bearings in the sleeves. I would press them into my stock arms for the sleeper look ....G.

Back