• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

We got plenty of snow this year, some this morning, still managed to build a whole new turbo kit and am boosting to 25+ errryday. Less excuses, more work!

Ha. Well the difference is that you have space ;) I should post a pic of my garage tomorrow

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

why do you live there? i ask myself that every winter, and a new england winter is nothing in comparison

Because there aren't people here. I can drive 10 minutes in any direction and have my boat in a lake. Housing is cheap. It is where I am from. And the summers are the best thing ever....70-80 degrees from June until early Sept. It really isn't that bad to live here....I have only seen it -64F personally...at least it isn't Antarctica.

Alright finally had some time to take the car out of the garage and do some work. Finished welding up the inlet pipe for the recir valve. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I trimmed up some high temp reflective insulation for the A/C accumulator since the down pipe is contacting it ever so slightly. Then I finally finished up the BBK on the rear. I had installed the passenger side a while back, but never got to the drivers side. Lookin pretty good.

nfwl.jpg

nwfg.jpg
0bx6q.jpg

Yes, its definitely crowded in there. Some of the vacuum lines are just laying in there. I have to figure out how I'm going to go about wiring my vacuum pump and plumbing everything. I need to build and place a manifold for it.

Looking great! Can you make a list of everything you have to get done still? Or is it too long to worry/think about? Also I'd love to see more pictures...

Looking great! Can you make a list of everything you have to get done still? Or is it too long to worry/think about? Also I'd love to see more pictures...

List is already up and is located HERE, post number 2140.

For more pictures you have 2188 posts to look through ;) Use the first post for a table of contents with links to jump around.

Trunk hinges back in (royal PITA installing those 10mm nuts with the rear glass still installed). Also managed to sneak the ECM back in too.

I've put together the schematic work for installing the AutoMeter tach module (needed to drive my fuel pump controller) as well as the MSD DIS4 box. Just need to find a good place to mount the dang things. I'm thinking the foot well of the passenger side up as close as I can get it to the blower motor. Not ideal, but that's all I got. Might make a bracket to support it under the blower motor as opposed to bolting it to the fire wall.

what if you removed the passenger airbag and mounted the stuff in that area? then it wouldnt be kicked at all, and probably go through the same location in the firewall

I'd like to keep the airbags for daily driving and cruising purposes.

Wideband goes in front of the shifter. DIS4 doesnt fit behind the radio area.

Racecar or no racecar. U cant have both. Use the 5 point and remove airbag, and use the room. Thats what i would do

Yes, you can have both. Air bags are disabled during track days and the harnesses are unbolted/not used during street use.

Back