• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Not if he has to replace it more than once

I'd have to replace it twice before I hit the price of an OEM one.

Until proven otherwise, I think I will trust Tricker's judgment over yours. Considering he has one on his Contour and all...:shrug:

TRicker was running just the MSD DIS-4 box, which I actually bought from him. contour3gq was referring to just the Accel supercoil, which I don't think anyone has run on their car. So I might be the first. Hell I might just dyno with the OEM coil and the Accel coil and see if there is a difference... who knows guess we'll see.

Until proven otherwise, I think I will trust Tricker's judgment over yours. Considering he has one on his Contour and all...:shrug:

I think I will trust TRicker, seeing as he has a Contour pushing over 220WHP, with even more potential, seeing as heit has a conservative tune.

I think I will trust TRicker, seeing as he has a Contour pushing over 220WHP, with even more potential, seeing as heit has a conservative tune.

AND his is on a VERY low reading dyno. If you look stuff up, he could be running close to 250 whp on a dynojet.

hmmm thats funny his sig says 219. And 250 na no modes???? bwahahahahahahaha keep dreaming

Hey re re read up on the dyno he dynoed it on vs all the other dynos. it reads a good 15% lower than a dynojet or 10-15% than a mustang dyno!!

on his "record" board, there was a supercharged R32 (golf gti) that was 320 whp on a dynojet dyno. it only put down 255 whp on the dyno dynamics. he wasn't too happy about it. if it really does read that low, we'll have to see next year.

on his "record" board, there was a supercharged R32 (golf gti) that was 320 whp on a dynojet dyno. it only put down 255 whp on the dyno dynamics. he wasn't too happy about it. if it really does read that low, we'll have to see next year.

So does this mean your going to hang on to your car long enough to take it to SZ10?? :laugh:

Oh and hey I've taken vacation from 12/18-1/4. You want to come over and help me take off the bumpers, fenders, hood and exhaust? I'd like to test fit the turbo piping sometime between 12/20-12/22 if possible.

So does this mean your going to hang on to your car long enough to take it to SZ10?? :laugh:

Oh and hey I've taken vacation from 12/18-1/4. You want to come over and help me take off the bumpers, fenders, hood and exhaust? I'd like to test fit the turbo piping sometime between 12/20-12/22 if possible.

i'll be in michigan this weekend. after that i can help :)

Whatcha doin in Michigan??

Anywho...

Check out the latest and greatest! Decided to match the UIM with the correct LIM. Might have to investigate sending this out for EH'ing as well.

st220lim.jpg

[borat]Very excite![/borat]

Out of curiosity, maybe I'm just forgetting now or maybe it was never posted, but are you going to run the straight 3L, no turbo for any length of time? Or are you doing it all at once? I'd like to see a dyno of your car N/A. You would put down killer numbers...

[borat]Very excite![/borat]

Out of curiosity, maybe I'm just forgetting now or maybe it was never posted, but are you going to run the straight 3L, no turbo for any length of time? Or are you doing it all at once? I'd like to see a dyno of your car N/A. You would put down killer numbers...

Plan is to do everything at once.

I would tend to agree with BrApple, but if you're super careful and quadruple check everything, then I think you'll be OK. Remeber that Sam has had trouble with his 3L Turbo with doing it all at once. BrApple did the engine first, then the turbo a little while later, and ran into few issues. :shrug:

Remember hes doing aftermarket alot lower compression pistons. So i doubt if he had it tuned na 3L it would produce that great of numbers. Are you going to measure the dif between the 2 lower intakes? Im just curious if ones bigger than the other

Back