• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Today Todd will finally have bumps in the trunk

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
It's only taken about 10 years since I've had some bass. LOL! Nothing special. I have a Pioneer deck and Pioneer 6x8's in the doors. Adding this to the trunk. Think I'll paint the grill T-Red to match the car.
picture.JPG

I had this amp in my old Mustang. Yea I think I bought this amp in 1994.:shocked: It will still fit my needs though. Just wanted a little extra omph.

standard.jpg

I was 9 and rocking a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:in BMX bike when you bought that amp you old bastard

Todd,

Don't feel bad.... I still have 2 of the 3 Pioneer amps I bought in 1994 for my SQ competition car. I used them until 2001 when the current system was put in. Some day they may get put in something else.

Damn whipper snappers. After installing this I see how you guys get into this. I need a different amp for sure. I'm pretty low on the audio IQ scale. Was taught a little today. This 4 chan amp should be used for my front 4 of course and I need a designated amp for the sub. I think I'm going to ditch it in favor of a smaller mono amp that just powers the sub. Using one channel out of 4 to power a sub is silly. It sound pretty good for what I have into it though which is peanuts.

I did think about that but how safe is it?
I don't recall anything about it being not safe, I just don't think it's possible. I'd direct you to some very old posts, but I was a retarded n00b who knew nothing so I don't feel like embarassing myself.

The audio gear collecting dust in my basement makes me cringe every now and then. 2 NAK amps (from the SVT), 2 a/d/s amps (NIB)and a pair of a/d/s component speakers(NIB).

Someday...

ya thats what i meant when i said to bridge them!

if you look at the speaker connections below them there might be a line conecting 2 different outputs, use those to bridge it.

and yes it will be fine, couldnt find any manuals for that targa model.

I don't have an easy way to bridge 2 channels. Do I just rig speaker wire to 2? I don't see how it could damage the amp. Isn't the amp pushing the speaker? Can an amp over work when do by using 2 channels?

I don't have an easy way to bridge 2 channels. Do I just rig speaker wire to 2? I don't see how it could damage the amp. Isn't the amp pushing the speaker? Can an amp over work when do by using 2 channels?

normally you use the plus terminal and a negative terminal of two channels and that bridges the channels.

now on a 4 channel amp I don't know if I would do that since only half of the amp is being used and therefore would be unbalanced. but if it is set up to have basically two halves, ie 2 gain controlls then it should be fine.

i have a 4 channel amps for my 2 subs, and it works well. in my other car I have the sub bridged to a 2 channel amp.

I'm going to get a different amp. Do not want to try to bridge the one I have a fry a channel. Don't think it's meant for it. I need a sub amp.

could you safely bridge a 4 channel by running a jumper wire from the middle channels to the outside channels, then bridge the outside channels as if it were a 2-channel amp?

Chan1..Chan2..Chan3.Chan4
|+....- ||+....-||+....-||+....-|
|......|__|.....|__|....|__|.... |
|......................................|
|..................................... |
______ + SUBWOOFER - ____

Last edited:
could you safely bridge a 4 channel by running a jumper wire from the middle channels to the outside channels, then bridge the outside channels as if it were a 2-channel amp?

Chan1..Chan2..Chan3.Chan4
|+....- ||+....-||+....-||+....-|
|......|__|.....|__|....|__|.... |
|......................................|
|..................................... |
______ + SUBWOOFER - ____

Not usually.

The normal construction for a four channel amp is that it is two 2-channel amps in a single chassis. With this design it is possible (in most cases) to bridge channels 1 and 2 to make a single output, and also bridge channels 3 and 4 to make a single output. But channels 1 and 2 don't typically want anything to do with channels 3 or 4 for bridging purposes.

Back