• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is too much.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
It's 0 outside. It also says "Feels like -13."

Then says it's -20 with the windchill.

I'd be happy with 10 above 0 right now.

I've been too chicken to get out and do the necessary repairs and maintenance to the SVT.
According to the weather, it looks like we're not going to see above 32° until February! :(

hate the cold!

I'm very excited. I have heard that in Massachusetts, if you have fog lights on the car, they have to work. Well, time to go out in the cold and wire these suckers up! :nonono:

What law says that?
I know there are laws saying you must keep them off when there is no bad weather. I've never heard of a rule saying you must use them in bad weather.
I've had blown foglight bulbs in the SVT since date of purchase ... holy lazy :nonono:

^ Good to hear that something is exciting you. ;)

Enough of this cold. 32 degrees sounds toasty to me right about now.

What law says that?
I know there are laws saying you must keep them off when there is no bad weather. I've never heard of a rule saying you must use them in bad weather.
I've had blown foglight bulbs in the SVT since date of purchase ... holy lazy :nonono:

In Pennsylvania I know if the light is attached to the vehicle, it HAS to work.

^Right. The lights have to work, you don't necessarily have to use them.

What law says that?

This is for passing inspection.

We got about the same amount of snow. I got lucky, my neighbor shoveled the sidewalks and walkway for me. :)
I did clean the cars off. I got me one of those snow brums. Works great.
sno-brum_B-704684.jpg

sno-brums rule!!!
i bought two cases last year, gave some as gifts to family and sold some for cost to CEGers, and sold some for profit to co-workers.

they are a foam type material, if you push real hard they might scuff the paint.
the only downfall of them is you cant scrape ice with them and they wont clean snow out of small areas.

I've never used a sno-brum, but I've heard from several people that they work well.

I just use a aluminum telescoping snow brush with very soft bristles and a plastic ice scraper on the other end. Gets the job done. :)

I love my snow-brum. The only regret is that it's not easy to store in the car unless you take it apart every time. But it gets 8 inches of snow off the car in no time at all.

Back