• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road Trip! (56k: ye have been warned)

KyleH

CEG'er
The wife and I took a road trip with the SVT to Nova Scotia in the middle of Septemeber.
Drove 5000km (3100 miles) with the car loaded with camping gear/food. Drove like a champ, no problems at all.

Packed and ready to go:
2903276126_162a05749f.jpg

A little low in the rear:
2903281128_0ccfebc807.jpg

Edmunston New Brunswick with the remnants of Huricane Hanna passing over:
2902670685_e78577c039.jpg

Same spot next morning:
2906208964_cd771b363f.jpg

St. John River:
2905518753_402a53330b.jpg

Somewhere in New Brunswick:
2905612449_b652fb1c01.jpg

Campsite at Fundy National Park:
2908905842_9831656b3f.jpg

A river by Alma NB:
2908071685_b93787cb4d.jpg

Same river at low tide:
2908607719_e43fc6c217.jpg

Fundy National Park:
2908273655_e6fea62dca.jpg

those are some awesome pics man if you have them in high res I'd say submit some for the calendar!

Really nice pics! That is some beautiful country there. I bet plenty of nice twisties for some fun driving also.

Question, how did you keep your car so sparkling clean in all those pics? Stop every night at the car wash? haha I can't even drive 100 miles in Texas before the front end is completely peppered with insects.

looks like you guys had a great trip, the SVT looks mint too :cool:

Also looks like you encountered some nice twisty roads too :)

Really nice pics! That is some beautiful country there. I bet plenty of nice twisties for some fun driving also.

Question, how did you keep your car so sparkling clean in all those pics? Stop every night at the car wash? haha I can't even drive 100 miles in Texas before the front end is completely peppered with insects.

Yes, lots of twisties, usually right at the edge of the cliff too. At one point going up one of the mountains when you looked out the passenger side all you could see was the ocean...about 1500ft below:shocked:. It looked more like we were in a plane.
Definatly a trip I'd recommend for anyone who enjoys a scenic, twisty drive.

To keep it clean, I took some quick detailer, tire shine, and my washing rags with us. Then just found coin washes when we needed to. Got some funny looks at some parking lots when I was putting on the tire shine.
i.e.
The guy by the door in the background was staring at me the whole time I was putting tire shine on.
2905463639_91299d1bc5.jpg

Nice trip, nice car, nice wheather.
ps I hate it when people stare at me when i work ont he car. I usually interrupt work, sit down on the hood and start myself staring at them, that usually makes em look elsewhere or go away. Lol.

Very nice trip, the water fall pic is awesome and the reflection shot off the glass. I was only 8 years old back in the days when My dad was stationed at Goose Bay AFB, but the scenery was great.

wait... Silver Bullet.. you're in HUMBLE,Texas??

I think I've seen you!

We should talk..
:)

brings back some old times I was there a long time ago as a kid but I think there was a Scottsman playing the bagpipes on the rocks in front of that light house ,way cool

Thanks for sharing. Super quality photos and some scenery most of us would not see otherwise. Having a clean Contour SVT in the mix is all the better....you're gonna make Ford wish they hadn't quit building it.

Back