• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some new pics

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Ok, so I have had the car back from the body shop (finally) for about a month. Took it in for some damage but the tech didn't do the paint quite right, didn't paint any of the lower front bumper, blue speckled lines etc, took it back for free of course. Here's some shots still at the body shop day of pick up

AtScottys01.jpg

AtScottys02.jpg

AtScottys03.jpg

AtScottys04.jpg

Had them body match the front bracket, yeah, I know should have had them fill and relocate to under, but that would have screwed up the bra. Also, I know it looks like there is some fitment issues, my garage wasn't as warm as it should be for putting it on, but needed it on before tomorrows trip (no it's not on all the time, only for trips, first time fitting it also).

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

And my first attempt at clearing headlights (co-workers car). Luckily Juan (naujcd) had done it before and was able to help.

Before
CarmenlightsBefore01.jpg

After
CarmenLightsAfter01.jpg

CarmenLightsAfter02.jpg

Yes there are three, the one on top both top tabs were broken so we picked up a different assembly at the JY.

More pics to come when I get my goodies from parkedcar, nothing especially different, but will complete it.

Dave im so glad they got it right this time. Car looks great. I can wait till you get the parkedcar goodies on there.

color matched plate holder eh:ponder:

Front plate FTL no matter what. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it sure doesn't stick out like the black did.

Dave im so glad they got it right this time. Car looks great. I can wait till you get the parkedcar goodies on there.

I had faith in them. Not only were both bumpers of course re-done for free they also cut me a check for $100, gave me the following Wizards products for the trouble

Mist and Shine - bottle says removes swirls, didn't buy, however I used it to clean the hood before putting the bra on, did seem to help. I know sounds crazy.

Bug Releaser

Tire & Vinyl Shine

Polish & Breathable Sealant

Black Renew

I'm happy. Right now my big complaint (and it's pretty minor)was I had to pop the front plate off to get the bra on, opening isn't quite big enough, perhaps I can find a way to wiggle it off\on without having to take that damn thing off everytime.

Take the bra off NOW! If any salt/snow/slush gets on the underside it will dry and boil in the sun and mar the paint when it vibrates at speed. Winter time is the worst time for a bra. It will be very hard to clean after even a few quick runs. Especially on new paint work...

Oh and the trick to putting it over the plate is to start there. Pull the top of the bracket on one side out slightly, angle the bra material in, pull it over the plate and slide the bra back out from under the plate bracket on the side you started on, then install the sides. It will get easier in the warm air.

Last edited:
Do people not read?

Also, I know it looks like there is some fitment issues, my garage wasn't as warm as it should be for putting it on, but needed it on before tomorrows trip (no it's not on all the time, only for trips, first time fitting it also).

With fresh paint any dirt that gets under there will mess up the paint FAST! I got my front bumper painted right before a trip this summer and had chips down to the white primer from small debris. If anything blue tape it!

With fresh paint any dirt that gets under there will mess up the paint FAST! I got my front bumper painted right before a trip this summer and had chips down to the white primer from small debris. If anything blue tape it!

Exactly, it looks terrible but it works....I saw someone use painters tape, then layered black duct tape over it to make it a bit more protective.

The paint should be pretty much completely cured, the body shop said 30 days, we are just a few days shy of that. I'm still debating, I've got about even numbers saying remove it vs leave and remove it as soon as you arrive. I know we never had problem with the bra on the Taurus, it was on all year, hood part taken off in winter, lower part taken off probably once a month for cleaning. I'm definitely not arguing with anyone saying take it off. It's a hard call, the bra will offer protection from road crap, but at the same time, could cause trouble.

double edged sword in green

Attachments

• doubleedge.jpg
    doubleedge.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
Got my goodies in from parkedcar. BTW, bra was on for the entire trip at Christmas, no damage, had to "melt" it of the car upon arriving in IA, but that's ok. Anyway, on the photos, nothing that hasn't been done before, except maybe the first two.

Hood strut vinyls. I also painted the strut mounts (will want to redo them come warmer weather though)
DSC00798.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

Steering wheel oval
DSC00801.jpg

Rear badge (this is after washing and taking one short trip for dinner)
DSC00803.jpg

Prod # for the front, the bumper just seemed naked without it.
DSC00807.jpg

I apologize for the graininess of the pics, I think it has something to do with using the low light setting.

Last edited:
NOOOO, don't buy it.

If he ever sells it, i'll buy it. I am closer to his location.
That's why. muahahahahaha. har har har har

Last edited:
Back