• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Pre98 Dies a Slow Death

Power Steering :) I knew right away when I tried to turn it into the driveway lol! I must be the unluckiest contour owner because now that I know the problem, the hood latch won't release! :mad: :help:

So it sits on stands as I try to prod this :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing thing open.

I had hood latch problems with the Cougar, especially after that first winter I drove it.
Once you get it open, be sure to lube up the latch release so it won't happen again.

Yeah I'm fixing the car and the garage.. I knew I saved a ton of money for something.. ;) The only part of my home that truly looks like ass is going to become my winter project.

Congrats on the purchase MR AWESOMESAUCE. :)

I'm glad you're fixing the car! I knew you wouldn't let us down.

Yeah the house isnt officially purchased yet but it will be in the coming year, give or take. It's exciting to get this stuff rolling though :)

I took a look today and am still unsure if it's just a line or the pump, or both. Regardless I ordered a new pressure line from rockauto (thanks Shawn) and wil lget another pump from the bone yard next weekend.

I took a look today and am still unsure if it's just a line or the pump, or both. Regardless I ordered a new pressure line from rockauto (thanks Shawn) and wil lget another pump from the bone yard next weekend.

=)

5char

Back