• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

:laugh: thanks, in all my excitement I just hit reply instead of actually reading.

To keep the thread on topic. Im seriously thinking about doing the dragon. Ill have to keep up with a S2k instead of a CTS-V.

I am looking forward to having a different car this year and seeing what it is like. I think the CTS-V did pretty well for a large four door. I remember the first day we went out leaving the cabins towards the skyway. Roger took off like a bat out of hell. I had no chance of catching him on the curves, but there was a good straight away that I used to make up all of my lost time. The CTS-V was also lots of fun on the skyway with its longer curves. The dragon had too many quick transitions and the CTS-V had too much horsepower and weight. I was constantly setting off traction control and stability control.

The S2000 should be a different kind of fun.

I just had some new tires put on and they are really sticky so I figured Oct. isnt that far away. The only thing holding me back is when the next academy starts up. Its still unclear. Or I would have already booked my cabin.

Ill be at LMRC tomorrow morning around 715am. Send me a PM if youll be awake.

I am looking forward to having a different car this year and seeing what it is like. I think the CTS-V did pretty well for a large four door. I remember the first day we went out leaving the cabins towards the skyway. Roger took off like a bat out of hell. I had no chance of catching him on the curves, but there was a good straight away that I used to make up all of my lost time. The CTS-V was also lots of fun on the skyway with its longer curves. The dragon had too many quick transitions and the CTS-V had too much horsepower and weight. I was constantly setting off traction control and stability control.

The S2000 should be a different kind of fun.
you have no idea how much fun you will have with that car out here man. I went for a ride with Kenny in his and needless to say my ass was sucking seat! That is the fastest i have ever been to date on that road. For some reason i never got in the car with shay to go for a ride in the lotus other than the skyway and that car was unreal as well but way more pricey.

:laugh: thanks, in all my excitement I just hit reply instead of actually reading.

To keep the thread on topic. Im seriously thinking about doing the dragon. Ill have to keep up with a S2k instead of a CTS-V.
come on up man it is a ton of fun!

My pics and videos from 6/13. Better late than never.:shrug:

Some goofing around on the way to the Dragon.

On the ToD.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The S2000 is going to be a great ride up there for sure.

Funny how I caught crap for having the Honda and this year there could be 4. More Honda's than Contours maybe! That's a sad day.

so what are you bringing down man? the jeep or the Z?
Jeep. I think. I thought about taking the Z because it may be the last trip we go on before I get rid of it, but the Jeep is MUCH more comfortable and should be a lot of fun on the skyway.

Jeep. I think. I thought about taking the Z because it may be the last trip we go on before I get rid of it, but the Jeep is MUCH more comfortable and should be a lot of fun on the skyway.

Our caravan better get ready for LOTS of gas stops, and this time I won't be the one trying to draft and still end up getting the worst gas mileage.

From what I understand those things pretty freakin' bad on gas. When you're romping on it I can't imagine what you'll get. I'd guess single digits.

From what I understand those things pretty freakin' bad on gas. When you're romping on it I can't imagine what you'll get. I'd guess single digits.

It's enough fun that it doesn't really matter though. Billy's wife kinda launched it with me and the wife in the back seat, and it knocked the sunglasses off of my wife's head!

I think the Jeep would be a blast! (hint; I'd love a ride!)

Haha, I think frequent gas stops would be a good thing - if I'm sipping on anything during the drive down, I have to pee way more than normal folks, it's pathetic.

I think the Jeep would be a blast! (hint; I'd love a ride!)

Haha, I think frequent gas stops would be a good thing - if I'm sipping on anything during the drive down, I have to pee way more than normal folks, it's pathetic.
I don't mind giving anybody a ride that wants one (not like I don't have the room :laugh:). And drink all you want because the Jeep sure will be!

I really want to make it this year.

Sounds like it's going to be so good I have to go even if I'm headed for the Keys the following weekend. :crazy: I'll just have to save like Scrooge after Cougar Fest!

And about Kenny's S2k & Shay's Lotus, I rode in each, Kenny driving both times, and the Lotus seemed smoother even though I'm sure we were going just as fast as we had in Kenny's car.

(Shay wouldn't let me drive the Lotus - he heard how I put Kenny's car sideways trying to pull out of a corner :eek:.)

Sounds like it's going to be so good I have to go even if I'm headed for the Keys the following weekend. :crazy: I'll just have to save like Scrooge after Cougar Fest!

And about Kenny's S2k & Shay's Lotus, I rode in each, Kenny driving both times, and the Lotus seemed smoother even though I'm sure we were going just as fast as we had in Kenny's car.

(Shay wouldn't let me drive the Lotus - he heard how I put Kenny's car sideways trying to pull out of a corner :eek:.)
both of them rode like they were on rails when i was in both but the lotus just seemed a lil more refined which i guess it should being that it costed a good bit more money lol

Now that's the spirit:cool:

Randy, I think you need to be the lead car so you don't get stuck behind us "mortals":laugh: By the time the run comes along you'll be comfortable in that S2000. Its cool that its got some mods, but what in the hell is that can in the middle of the intake system, looks like something that quiets it down:shrug: All this hype about the car makes me want the run to be tomorrow!

Now that's the spirit:cool:

Randy, I think you need to be the lead car so you don't get stuck behind us "mortals":laugh: By the time the run comes along you'll be comfortable in that S2000. Its cool that its got some mods, but what in the hell is that can in the middle of the intake system, looks like something that quiets it down:shrug: All this hype about the car makes me want the run to be tomorrow!

The can is supposed to store air for low rpm torque and mid rpm engine response.

I don't know about being the lead car. I will have to see how it goes. I am still planning on driving conservatively because I don't want to break anything that far away from home.

I call back of the pack for my fat ass Jeep! :laugh: At least for the dragon anyway.
I got a ride in Randy"s car today and I have to say that I am a little jealous. That jealousy will only increase once we get on 129!

Back