• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The $5,000 car thread

good man:cool:

You said you'll be buying it in the spring, hopefully?

Well, that's the thinking. We'll see how it shakes out. I'm not making any hard and fast plans just yet, but if the bread, the car, and I are in the same place, yeah, I could see it happening.

I would love to be trundling about in a Turbo Coupe next summer. :cool:

Just had to post this piece of greatness. :cool:

signofthecat.jpg

I would also love a 1994 SHO in great condition with low mileage. Since SHOs of that description are now so rare, five large might not cut it, but maybe. Make mine deep jewel green with mocha leather, please. And 5-speed. With a sunroof. Just like my first SHO. :cool:

800px-ford_taurus_sho_second-gen.jpg

I agree on this one. Ill take one just like the pic 5speed. My last one was an auto and i wish i hadnt sold it. BTW my old one was a 93 Deep jewel green on mocha only it was an auto.

I agree on this one. Ill take one just like the pic 5speed. My last one was an auto and i wish i hadnt sold it. BTW my old one was a 93 Deep jewel green on mocha only it was an auto.

Yeah, they were great cars. :cool:

lol you think that guy wants a contour + $500?

Just sell the contour and make me an offer on my merkur :)
A good DD:shrug: I'll see what he needs. I have the funds to straight-up buy it anyway. The thing with the Merkur is that although I LOOOOVE them, I'd really want to own my one true, original love... A heart-pounding V8 Mustang. Also, the sweetness of a Fox really adds to it. I'd rather have a notch, but I can settle:laugh:

haha very understandable and it certainly can't hurt for you to try. I guess when I see someone interested in trades for something like project mustang, I assume they want another similar project of sorts.

haha very understandable and it certainly can't hurt for you to try. I guess when I see someone interested in trades for something like project mustang, I assume they want another similar project of sorts.
Absolutley true. Hey, shots in the dark occasionaly hit:laugh:

Stock equipment rules. :cool:
You can't be serious. :eek:

Lately I've been wanting a practical winter beater. 2003-2004 Subaru Forester XS with sunroof, or for 5k, 2000 Subaru Forester S with winter package. WITHOUT the Subaru stock audio, thank you very much. :D

I've been looking at late 90s early 2000s audi A4 avant quattros and mid 80s benz's...One of my current cars would have to go though :blackeye: I think it's just a phase that will pass as soon as I start working on/driving the XR. I've also been looking at sub 1k SVT's with blown engines...

Well, my father liked the idea. Can't say the same for my mother. She's saying that now is not the time to drop 2 grand on a car I don't need. Hey, I can't say she doesn't make sense. We'll see what happens...

Well, my father liked the idea. Can't say the same for my mother. She's saying that now is not the time to drop 2 grand on a car I don't need. Hey, I can't say she doesn't make sense. We'll see what happens...

that car is not worth 2 grand anyway. i wouldnt buy it for that price at least..

Back