• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

couple mods i'm working on in the se

95pgt-t

Hard-core CEG'er
nothing special,started the cougar rear seat swap,heres the bottom fitted. i ordered some leather/vynl dye,so maybe by the end of the weak or so i can have them in. i'm not sure how i'm going to do the seatback,or if it even fits. if not i'll have to source a svt seat back:shrug:
035-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

and this here is just something i always wanted to do,i started one many years ago,but never had time to finish it...well,to be honest my mech. skills were lacking back then:eek:

034-1.jpg

i don't it'll stay on there,but for now it'll work. i can't say much for it,as my lim is still the stock se one,but it does pull marginaly better from 3k~ or so till about 6k,before 3 it feels about the same,if not worse than the se manifold,and above 6k not much difference either,but like i said the lim is much smaller,so i'm sure i have some turb. issues and whatnot.
btw,its the 3l split port uim and 60mm tb if you don't know:shrug:

sweet i've been wondering if the cougar rears would swap in, hope it turns out good for ya looks sweet so far!

take the seatbelts out,theres a slight gap on the each side between the seat and the door,just use some carpeting to cover it. the seatback i havent tried yet,so i dont know

if you go with the Mustang 65mm TB you will see extra low end torque, I put one on my SVT makes city driving a lot more enjoyable without having to rev up the motor a bunch.

the only issue w/that is the 3l uim uses the tb for the iac inlet. i think once i optimize the 3l tb and get the right lim it'll be much better,i think the size diff. between the uim/lim is causing some turbulence issues. either way it "feels" and better around town.

Coug seats in a contour! What is this world coming to?!?!?!?!?! Hope it turns out;)

you should've, that's what I want to see...rear looks much better w/ the cougar seatbacks

I ran a cougar rear seat in my SE for a couple of years. Mine was a 99, didn't notice what yours is. I had to drill a new hole for a seatbelt mount, I don't remember now if I used new bolts or just bought a nut and some really big washers to use with the stock bolt. For the seatback, the location of 1 or 2 of the hinges is slightly different requiring some custom work, and the latch for the folding rear seat is different. Cougar has them on the side, not the top like the Contour. I never took many pics, but let me see if I can find a couple.
here we go:
cougarrears1.jpg

cougarrears2.jpg

Yours looks really good so far though. nice to see someone else doing it. I always loved it, gave a bit more headroom in the back and my passengers appreciated the extra lateral support when they'd ride with me in any twisties, though I was told they weren't too comfy on long trips. Good luck!

Wow that's awesome! I just saw a cougar at a junkyard that had a black interior with tan seats. I thought it looked awesome!

how much did the rear seats cost you and any supplies you needed to put them in? m really interested in doing this in my se.
i was originaly going to install the four matching wrx si seats i found at a local scrap yard but in the back the top of the back of the seat was almost touching the roof....would of been no head room.i belive they were like riccaro seats.....

Back