• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is why...

nothing sounds better than 6x9's.imo...:shrug:

:nonono:

It is all about perspective in this world. The above statement probably is factual from your perspective because you have not heard any cars without 6x9's that sound good.

It's like when I lived in Chicago and thought it was a big city. I am from a small town in Illinois so from my perspective, Chicago was it. However, my perspective changed when I visited Sao Paulo, Brazil. It is the third largest city in the world and Chicago doesn't seem so big to me anymore.

That's why those of us that have heard phenominal sounding systems (I am sure I have heard more than most on here, with Anthony (2DEEP2) being in the same category as me) have the perspective to understand that 6x9's really don't sound "that good" compared to what is really possible in a car.

:nonono:

It is all about perspective in this world. The above statement probably is factual from your perspective because you have not heard any cars without 6x9's that sound good.

It's like when I lived in Chicago and thought it was a big city. I am from a small town in Illinois so from my perspective, Chicago was it. However, my perspective changed when I visited Sao Paulo, Brazil. It is the third largest city in the world and Chicago doesn't seem so big to me anymore.

That's why those of us that have heard phenominal sounding systems (I am sure I have heard more than most on here, with Anthony (2DEEP2) being in the same category as me) have the perspective to understand that 6x9's really don't sound "that good" compared to what is really possible in a car.

I love this guy, instead of coming by and saying "BAHHHHHH YOU'RE AND IDIOT!" this guy pops in and explains perspective, brilliant.

But of course, he is correct, 6X9's are not the way to go if you want the best sound quality, I have quickly learned that a perfectly circular woofer with a separate tweeter (component system) is always a better option, and of course you can buy plates that make a 6.5inch speaker fit into a 6x8 speaker hole.

Yup, im probably going to go with the infinitys.

I love this guy, instead of coming by and saying "BAHHHHHH YOU'RE AND IDIOT!" this guy pops in and explains perspective, brilliant.

Yes thankfully Bob is still here to smack some sense into the chaos of people going all "junior high" on eachother. Dave (dnewman) used to chime in every now and then into these discussions with almost too much knowlege and logic. It was like a college professor teaching physics to a 3rd grade class. He could make a sound engineer second guess himself.

But of course, he is correct, 6X9's are not the way to go if you want the best sound quality, I have quickly learned that a perfectly circular woofer with a separate tweeter (component system) is always a better option, and of course you can buy plates that make a 6.5inch speaker fit into a 6x8 speaker hole.

Yup, im probably going to go with the infinitys.

Lies alll lies i tell you. This system you found installed in your car looks great. I would def keep it and i wouldn't change a thing :laugh:

Sao Paulo is wonderful.. Beijing is huge, too.

perspective my ass.. there is no perspective to make THOSE places look small. they just "are" big.

oh.. yeah.. this is a sound thread.. uhm..

I like bass.

It's too bad Reverend isn't posting around here...taking his advice is always a good choice...

Back