• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash warp repair kit

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Ok, so I've searched and searched and can't find this anymore. What is the part number for the repair kit and is it still available?

My dash is just starting but seems (could just be an optical illusion) to be getting slightly worse after the new windshield was installed.

should have gotten it when the windshield got damaged and ran out to install it while the windshield was out:crazy:

should have gotten it when the windshield got damaged and ran out to install it while the windshield was out:crazy:

Yeah yeah yeah. I know, but I didn't have time to get one then plus I was at work all day. I should have had Tess ask the tech if he had some industrial adhesive or something to tack it down with.

Now anyone have useful information???:laugh:

Last edited:
Yeah yeah yeah. I know, but I didn't have time to get one then plus I was at work all day. I should have had Tess ask the tech if he had some industrial adhesive or something to tack it down with.

Now anyone have useful information???:laugh:
as was I to you lmao

but in all seriousness no I have absolutely nothing useful to tell you lol

It was a good suggestion and I considered it, but I didn't have a game plan to fix it and I really didn't want to waste a work from home day or vaca day for it.

my suggestion, pull dash from car and install pre98 dash. they dont warp, ever. not even around the gauge bezel like the 98s do.

my suggestion, pull dash from car and install pre98 dash. they dont warp, ever. not even around the gauge bezel like the 98s do.

I had thought about that, but I'm not sure how the Pumice would look against prarie tan.

Your dash is pumice and the rest of your interior is prairie tan. Notice how they don't match already..... Go get a pumice pre98 dash, you will love it! And change your carpet to black while you are messing around with the interior;).

Pumice dash & doors/prairie tan seats/black carpet:
4-26-09004.jpg

4-26-09005.jpg

4-26-09009.jpg

4-26-09010.jpg

Thanks for the info Joe. I don't remember my 95's dash being as dark as the SVT's, but it's been awhile though too. Seems like my dash if you will, is a lot darker than yours (I think it's just the lighting in the pics you posted though).

I didn't want to post the pics that I used the flash on :throwup::help: I assure you that the pumice dash is the same color of the SVT dash 100%.

My dash is also a POS!

My dash is also a POS!

:help: my 99 pt dash is warped, I want to do the switch, so how does one find info on how to do this mod and how hard is it to pull from one from another car? Joe the pictures look great but is that a pre 98 car? and what im really wondering is, are all the other 99 parts compatible with the pre 98? dashpod, airbag, vents, ect.? I'm ready to to start my "pick n pull" search for the pumice dash here in hot and sunny CA, any advise is greatly apreciated,

Couple more questions. I've searched and found different answers (go figure) if I go and grab a pre98 dash what else do I need to get. Airbag cover I know, what about crossmember and wiring harness? I'm obviously not swapping the SVT gauges for non, but don't know all the nitty gritty of doing this.

If you're still interested in the repair route, give Steve @ Tousley Ford a call. I ordered a repair kit last year fearing that they would soon be extinct, and he actually had one in stock! Now I just need to wait until I need my windshield replaced....

If you're still interested in the repair route, give Steve @ Tousley Ford a call. I ordered a repair kit last year fearing that they would soon be extinct, and he actually had one in stock! Now I just need to wait until I need my windshield replaced....

Cool thanks! Do you mind me asking what it cost you?

Back