• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

nice E-bay Contour SVT!!

yea contours normally need rebuilds by then.. mine has 126k an i rebuilt my tranny an the motor blew so im putting in a 3L

If you don't know how to drive, yeah. My 95 SE was sold with over 200K miles on original engine, clutch and tranny. The SVT just rolled over 140K, original engine, clutch and tranny. So, if you don't know what you are talking about....don't post stuff like that. There are a LOT of people on this site who have hit over 200K miles on their tours still on original engines etc.

How it was driven and maintained is much more important than the number of miles on odometer.

An abused and raced car will have a shorter life with more problems whereas a car properly maintained and driven normally should be trouble free and have a long life.

For this eBay car, impossible to tell if it is a good deal without inspecting. Current owner bought from a car lot so history prior to that unknown also. Run a CarFax as first step and then contact eBay seller and ask a thousand questions. Usually just from how the owner answers and talks you can get a good feel also. But buying on eBay without driving or inspecting car is like shooting craps.

Back