• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mesh Grille..

ooosh just googled it...and It looks like I'd have to take the front bumper, hood, headlights...damn!!

Stique headlights are sooooo ugly!!

ooosh just googled it...and It looks like I'd have to take the front bumper, hood, headlights...damn!!

Stique headlights are sooooo ugly!!
While I have zero experience with a pre98 Mystique, I can personally assure you that you don't have to take off the bumper, hood AND headlights to take the grille out. That's just entirely absurd. I'd wager it is similar to the pre98 Contour grille in it's placement, and that there are Torx screws holding it in place right behind the hood latch. But this is speculation, someone with a pre98 Misty should chime in...BrApple?

While I have zero experience with a pre98 Mystique, I can personally assure you that you don't have to take off the bumper, hood AND headlights to take the grille out. That's just entirely absurd. I'd wager it is similar to the pre98 Contour grille in it's placement, and that there are Torx screws holding it in place right behind the hood latch. But this is speculation, someone with a pre98 Misty should chime in...BrApple?

I think he was talking about swapping the Contour grille with the Mistake grille, and all the parts he would need :rolleyes:

well then, not worth it all haha! Oh well I will just have to find something else to do to it..

It looks too family car-ish and I don't like it.

Found a pic of Starjammer's Merc

716917_15_full.jpg

Back