• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Goddmanit that pisses me off.... :censored::censored::censored::censored:in Ford. Go figure they would make it so I have to pull the whole tranny. :mad::mad:

My concern is that its gonna blow out on me on my way out to California in march... Ughhhhh... I hate older cars.

Goddmanit that pisses me off.... :censored::censored::censored::censored:in Ford. Go figure they would make it so I have to pull the whole tranny. :mad::mad:

My concern is that its gonna blow out on me on my way out to California in march... Ughhhhh... I hate older cars.

it can rattle for quite some time, like many thousands of miles. typically it gets replaced when the clutch is done. when i pulled my tranny and they replaced the clutch, it had been rattling for at least 20,000 miles. my truck did it for quite a while, and my fiero has done it as well. i wouldnt worry about it.

and the reason why you need to pull the tranny is it is right next to the clutch.

:ponder: I suppose I should tell everyone on here... Umm.. Im moving to Sacramento in March for school. :) Im pretty excited. I would like to go today but I cant afford it yet. :(

:ponder: I suppose I should tell everyone on here... Umm.. Im moving to Sacramento in March for school. :) Im pretty excited. I would like to go today but I cant afford it yet. :(

Out of state tuition sucks, but you getter go or I will beat you senseless. :laugh: What are you looking at for classes?

Out of state tuition sucks, but you getter go or I will beat you senseless. :laugh: What are you looking at for classes?
Its a two year program in one year... So its full time. Six hours a day five days a week. Its for auto collision repair. Its going to be very intense but I think I will like it. :)

Its a two year program in one year... So its full time. Six hours a day five days a week. Its for auto collision repair. Its going to be very intense but I think I will like it. :)

Smart move.

If I would ever consider a "midlife career change", auto collision/mechanical repair would be on top of my list.

Sweet. So when I hit another deer you can fix my car. :laugh:
LOL! Maybe... For a small fee.... :laugh::laugh:

Smart move.

If I would ever consider a "midlife career change", auto collision/mechanical repair would be on top of my list.
Yeah so I have some bad news. Unless my paycheck is an extraordinary amount tomorrow I dont think im gonna be able to buy that kit from you. :( I really really want to but now that I made this decision theres gonna be alot of stuff I have to take care of now.

Yeah so I have some bad news. I dont think im gonna be able to buy that kit from you.

I kind of expected that anyways :laugh:. Im in no hurry to sell the stuff, it may end up on one of the other cars if I dont sell it. Unless one of the other local CEGer's is interested in it...?

I kind of expected that anyways :laugh:. Im in no hurry to sell the stuff, it may end up on one of the other cars if I dont sell it. Unless one of the other local CEGer's is interested in it...?

The kit as a whole? What kinda shape is everything in...

Back