• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno Day Poll

Dyno Day Poll

• Total voters
Thank you Sir

Hopefully Greg will have his(3L) Done and I'll meet up with him for the drive

ITS done! working very well, has a slight noise in the driveline, but I think its just the Torsen's gears being a little noisy (?) but I am gonna drive it more tomorrow to get the headers' coating cooked in really well, and I should be perfect to go on Saturday morning...

I'm looking to leave here by 9 AM, so whoever wants to drive up with me please meet me here @ 8:30 AM... I'm most likely going to leave work early so i can get some sleep (maybe)...

So, put me down as CONFIRMED! :)

1. Bob (cannondalemtb) FWD
2. Dylan (cannondalemtb's friend.) RWD ----->RUNS SECOND TO KEEP RWD TOGETHER
3. Jeff (turbo_fox) FWD ------------------>CONFIRMED
4. Matt (turbo_fox's friend) RWD ---------->CONFIRMED : RUNS FIRST at 8:30
5. Brian (brapple) FWD------------>CONFIRMED (going last so everyone can see I suppose)
6. Mark (turbo_fox's friend) FWD------------>CONFIRMED
7. Tony (CSVT1214) FWD
8. Greg (aircougar) FWD------------------>CONFIRMED : RUNS AFTER RWD
9.Jared(newcat016)FWD------------>CONFIRMED (via NECO)
10. John (JScullin) FWD------------>CONFIRMED (via NECO)
11. Andrew (AndrewM6097)------------>CONFIRMED (via NECO)
12. Vic (SVT Loki)------------------>CONFIRMED
13. Fred (fedeuruagu-neco)------------------>CONFIRMED
14. Jason (Ford Focus:got info from ESP)
15. Some subaru guy
16. Roger (ctmystique)------------------>Tenative (in the afternoon)
17. STI - friend of Alexeroo

MAYBE (will know soon):
1. Sam (cannondalemtb's friend) FWD

Last edited:
aircougar@neco said:
Whoever want to meet up with me, please get to my place @ 8:30AM...

We leave @ 9AM, so that we can get there around 10:30AM the latest...

Please call me or PM brapple or me to let us know who is driving with us...

As soon as everyone who says they are gonna meet here show up, we will leave at that point... so if everyone is here @ 8:40AM, we leave then!!
tongue.gif

if anyone wants to meet at Gregs and head up together please let one of use know. thanks

1. Bob (cannondalemtb) FWD -------------->ported 3L:tuned
3. Jeff (turbo_fox) FWD -------------->ported 3L:untuned
5. Brian (brapple) FWD -------------->ported 3L:turbo:tuned
7. Tony (CSVT1214) FWD -------------->hybrid 3L:untuned
8. Greg (aircougar) FWD -------------->ported 3L:untuned
9.Jared(newcat016)FWD -------------->ported 3L:untuned
10. John (JScullin) FWD -------------->2.5L mtx x/bolt ons
11. Andrew (AndrewM6097) -------------->ported 3L:tuned
12. Vic (SVT Loki) -------------->ported 3L:tuned
13. Fred (fedeuruagu-neco) -------------->ported 3L:untuned
14. Roger (ctmystique) -------------->ported 3L:untuned

all tuning done by NPG iirc ....

I will have my OBDII scanner with me as well as my scal2 and laptop if anyone wants to datalog their dyno runs. please let me know ahead of time as I will most likely need to setup live link for each car so that I can log what NPG asks for in case anyone wants to send that data in for a tune. and I would want to do that before the car is put on the rollers.

Last edited:
one other thing, I would like to get a copy of everyones dyno plot. we would like to see them all posted together.

Last edited:
wish i was able to do this, i really want to run the hearse at some point before i rebuild the motor.

are people still going even though were supposta get 2-6in of rain in the 2 days?

looking at the radar map it looks like tomorrow might be ok depending on where the rest of the storm goes ... and if it turns around for some reason.

rain or shine. the dyno is in the building

enough space that we will be able to be inside all day? I know that most places don't normally let people get o close to the dyno when a car is running.

1. Bob (cannondalemtb) FWD------------>CONFIRMED
2. Dylan (cannondalemtb's friend.) RWD ----->RUNS SECOND TO KEEP RWD TOGETHER
3. Jeff (turbo_fox) FWD ------------------>CONFIRMED
4. Matt (turbo_fox's friend) RWD ---------->CONFIRMED : RUNS FIRST at 8:30
5. Brian (brapple) FWD------------>CONFIRMED (going last so everyone can see I suppose)
6. Mark (turbo_fox's friend) FWD------------>CONFIRMED
7. Tony (CSVT1214) FWD------------>CONFIRMED
8. Greg (aircougar) FWD------------------>CONFIRMED : RUNS AFTER RWD
9.Jared(newcat016)FWD------------>CONFIRMED (via NECO)
10. John (JScullin) FWD------------>CONFIRMED (via NECO)
11. Andrew (AndrewM6097)------------>CONFIRMED (via NECO)
12. Vic (SVT Loki)------------------>CONFIRMED
13. Fred (fedeuruagu-neco)------------------>CONFIRMED
14. Jason (Ford Focus:got info from ESP)
15. Some subaru guy
16. Roger (ctmystique)------------------>Tenative (in the afternoon)
17. STI - friend of Alexeroo

MAYBE (will know soon):
1. Sam (cannondalemtb's friend) FWD

Brian I'd like to be data logged. I'll send the results to joey for tweeking.

I'll bring my xcal as well.

I'll be @ Gregs by 8:30

Does anyone need ANY parts? Shoot me a PM and let me know if you need anything. I have almost a whole parts car in the garage. Check the classifieds to see what I have.

yes besides the rain it was a good day.

I would ask if everyone could take a photo or scan there dyno results and send them to me I want to make one post in the dyno and drag forum for Aircougar Performance. Thanks!

hey guys. thanks for coming! the fact that we had over 10 cars, 13 in total, meant that the organizer (me) got to run for free!

I hope some of you may consider them for some work in the future. They offer dyno tuning services as well as renting time on the dyno to do your own tuning.

Now, as far as my car goes, I posted a thread in the general troubleshooting section and i encourage you to take a look at it.

Also, one comment made by Dan (the guy who drove all the cars). He mentioned how strange it was that all the cars were almost identical to feel and how much power they put down. He like Brians car and said I should go turbo.

I think my car was the only one with ST220 valve springs. Dan mentioned there was a very noticable difference in feel above 6000 rpm between my car and all the others. He said every other car would get a little vibration/rough feel up near redline, but mine was still very smooth all the way to redline. I would be interested when all the plots are posted, because i think most people made peak power at 6500 ish, and mine was still climbing at 6700. It seams like the st220 springs could be a significant difference up over 6000 rpm

Back