• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car wash or not

royalblue

In time out with LUCA
It was very nice today and I wanted to wash the car so bad but the salt was so thick on the raod from the last snow fall that any travel on the road makes a huge salt cloud and would have stuck to the bottom of the car. what would you do:shrug: have a clean topside or salty bottom:shrug::crazy:

clean the car and then clean the bottom when the salts gone.. i cant stand when my car gets dirty. plus youll feel better after u wash it even it gets a little dirty underneath for now

agreed...you can also spray underneath the car while washing the top to at least remove some the salt and grime...

Clean it!
My white Explorer was so filthy from the last snow we had, the tires were even white from the salt/brine that they use on the roads. Ewww!
I washed it because I can't stand a dirty vehicle.

Let me know when it's as dirty as my car was back in the summer/fall. :laugh:

Hell, how about my SVT in December of 2007. Aim for this level of dirt buildup. When you wash it, you'll feel like you got a new car. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dirtydog.jpg

That's just sad looking. Poor car. :(

I rolled mine through the local wash today. 16 bucks for conventional wash, tire shine, triple foam polish, wheel detailing, undercarriage wash and clear coat spray. I can see myself from 15 feet away in the car. Feels great.

Let me know when it's as dirty as my car was back in the summer/fall. :laugh:

Hell, how about my SVT in December of 2007. Aim for this level of dirt buildup. When you wash it, you'll feel like you got a new car. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dirtydog.jpg

not only will you get a new car ull get better mpg lol

was about 60 out today so i went to the car wash and washed it by hand..long story short i was there about 2 hours detailing it. a clean car is a happy car.. anyone else notice when ur car is clean it almost feels like it runs better or is that just me?:shrug:

i wouldnt say it runs better... but i feel better having a clean car. im so anal about washing it. ill wash mine about twice a week in the summer if i have the time.

ok my explorer is diry for sure, but not like ur jeep diry!! I have not washed the truck in god know how long

That was last summer. It's pretty clean now except for where the driveway tried to devour that back half of it.

:(
You just got it so it needed another cleaning anyway. The dealerships don't do a good enough job, at least I don't think so.

Back