• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

When to put summer wheels/tires back on?

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
You guys think it is safe to do so yet? When do you typically make the swap?

I HATE these E0's i'm rocking right now

when you pick add a week or two to that as there will be one more storm.

as for right now with the weather tomorrow possible goign to be like last monday I woud wait. I would say towards the end of the month at the earlist.

remember the summer only times are designed to work in much warmer temps that we are going to see anytime soon.

don't forget there is always a april snow storm when cobra and frenchbluec2 get ready to take their cars out of storage for the:laugh: spring

Me, I'd wait another two or three weeks to do it. Normally I switch at the end of the month.

I HATE these E0's i'm rocking right now

I like E0's... I wish I had a set of 4 E0's for my SVT... I've got 2 right now that I use for the drag races so I can roast through tires :)

Back on topic, I agree with Brian and Christine, i'd give it a few more weeks... Driving on summer tires in the snow SUCKS!

I belive that (they) turn off the snow machine in these parts about April 15:rolleyes:

I was forced to put the 17's back on Saturday since I'm pretty sure the tread on the 2 rear stockers wouldn't pass inspection at the end of the month... At least the 17's have all season Hankook V4ES's and a good amount of tread, I'm just praying for no more significant snowfall... :help:

i'm gonna try try try to hold off putting the summer wheels back on til 4/1. Its gonna get real tough now esp since we are starting to get some real nice days every now and then. i want my sticky summer tires back on

i'm gonna try try try to hold off putting the summer wheels back on til 4/1. Its gonna get real tough now esp since we are starting to get some real nice days every now and then. i want my sticky summer tires back on

but the ground temp isn't up so those summer tires are not going to be as sticky as in the middle of summer. seriously just wait.

Resist the urge, it's not time yet. ;)

He's smarter than you and won't do that. :D

Back