• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

good 19" tires that won't break the bank

They aren't too noisy from what I remember, I've ridden in Todras' tour on multiple occasions and i don't even remember ever noticing loud tire noise, so i don't think they're a noisy tire at all.

the ride on 17" tires is going to be different then the 19" simply because the 17" tire will allow more sidewall, which is allowing more cushion, since you have to sacrifice sidewall for rim size the ride will be harder/harsher then 17" tires.

I had 235/35/19 Eagle F1s and I loved them. Not noisy at all.

Cool :cool:. Thanks for the input. You were running stock suspension though IIRC ?? Rub anywhere? It looks like stock suspension and that tire size is fine but as soon as you go aftermarket and lower the car you need to go 225 to not rub.

Cool :cool:. Thanks for the input. You were running stock suspension though IIRC ?? Rub anywhere? It looks like stock suspension and that tire size is fine but as soon as you go aftermarket and lower the car you need to go 225 to not rub.

Stock suspension. Only rubbed on one tire in the rear. Don't ask me why. Cutting or rolling the fenders will take care of the problem.

i was wondering if anyone cut their fenders. i rolled mine on the black car, but i don't think it'll be enough for when the car is sitting on the ground. any issues with cutting?

I wasnt asking Black, I was asking Beyond who mention cutting/rolling.

I started to roll mine with a bat and the paint started to crack off so I stopped. Could have been due to the fact it was a 12 year old car. The rubbing I experienced was very minor so I lived with it. Cutting would be the best way to go about it, but then you have rust to worry about.

I started to roll mine with a bat and the paint started to crack off so I stopped. Could have been due to the fact it was a 12 year old car. The rubbing I experienced was very minor so I lived with it. Cutting would be the best way to go about it, but then you have rust to worry about.

I had great luck with no rubbing or scraping so far. They grip nicely to. :laugh:

i think i'll just be cutting then spray a little rustoleum on there. no one will see that anyways

been doing some surfing and best I could find for 225/35/19 Toyo Proxes 4 is $612.52 shipped

Should I pull the trigger on these or should I really be considering a better tire?

It's classified as an "all-season", I really don't need all-season as these are summer only. I have been looking at high-performance summer tires but I recall this tire being mentioned.

Back