• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

obscure part?

elraido

I kant speel
I want to get a xm tuner for my car (like the pioneer GEX-P920XM) but I currently have a 20 gig harddrive that hooks up to the head unit via the muli cd port. I want to be able to control the xm threw my head unit and still have the harddrive hooked up. Is there something I get to have both hooked up and functional? I have a pioneer deh-p7800mp head unit.

I want to get a xm tuner for my car (like the pioneer GEX-P920XM) but I currently have a 20 gig harddrive that hooks up to the head unit via the muli cd port. I want to be able to control the xm threw my head unit and still have the harddrive hooked up. Is there something I get to have both hooked up and functional? I have a pioneer deh-p7800mp head unit.

Just daisy the devices.... the XM tuner has IP bus in/out so take your current plug, plut it into the input on the XM and then connect the output from the XM to the HU...

3867.gif

I thought I read that it didn't have a input. :blackeye: So, my question then is, how do I control each unit seperate?

I thought I read that it didn't have a input. :blackeye: So, my question then is, how do I control each unit seperate?

Can you not see the clearly marked IP bus in and out on that picture cause I can... one is black one is blue... If they are daisied the unit should recognize both units and just show as another source... what is the piece that is connected currently? Just and aux RCA jack to IP bus or what?

Can you not see the clearly marked IP bus in and out on that picture cause I can... one is black one is blue... If they are daisied the unit should recognize both units and just show as another source... what is the piece that is connected currently? Just and aux RCA jack to IP bus or what?

I did see that it has an input and output...I just said I thought I read that it didn't have that (might be thinking of a different model, non pioneer xm radio tuner). The connection is more than a RCA jack to IP bus.

I did see that it has an input and output...I just said I thought I read that it didn't have that (might be thinking of a different model, non pioneer xm radio tuner). The connection is more than a RCA jack to IP bus.

There are some xm tuners that use s different setup, but I think they are for alpine, and not for pioneer.... the new units my not have in and out... not sure...

the picture you showed was an older unit im thinking that best buy used to sell so they might not have both an input and an output...

the way around that is just to get an older one by purchasing it online. make sure you just turn your sources on using your radio. iirc you hold down function in standby mode to access this since its a pioneer.

Back