• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

POOP

I hate it when I'm prepping my toilet at a public restroom...

Toilet paper raft...check
Toilet paper covering the seat....check
Pants unzip...check
Sitting....check

Some guy runs in and sits right next to me while I'm about to drop a bomb....damnit.

I'm just a lone pooper kinda guy. Guess this would have been better in the OFT section, but alas I thought I should share my tendencies to dislike pooping when another fellow pooper is only 4 feet away from with my new fellow South Central brothers.

what does the raft do? help cushion the logs when they fall?

I don't bother making the seat cover anymore. My mom used to make me do that when I was little. It just takes too much effort. The slightest breeze makes the paper fall off before you get a chance to sit.

I also don't like the idea of those paper personal seats they have in the wall dispenser.
So far as I can tell, there's a bit that is supposed to be inserted into the toilet, but is still connected to the seat portion in order to take the whole thing down when you flush.
I have issue with that. What if while I'm seated, the inserted part starts absorbing enough water to travel upward to the seat part?
Wet seat! gross!

I just swipe a wad of paper over the seat to be sure it's dry before sitting down.
No diseases received yet.

My biggest pet peeve is a paper dispenser that's hard to reach, or one that doesn't unroll the paper properly and makes you rip one sheet at a time.
I swear I spend more time in public restrooms due to stubborn paper dispensers than any other activity that goes on in there. :bah:

I also don't like the idea of those paper personal seats they have in the wall dispenser.
So far as I can tell, there's a bit that is supposed to be inserted into the toilet, but is still connected to the seat portion in order to take the whole thing down when you flush.
I have issue with that. What if while I'm seated, the inserted part starts absorbing enough water to travel upward to the seat part?
Wet seat! gross!

OMG. Those are the best ever. And I never figured that the flap is there to pull it all in during the flush. I think it's to keep my junk from resting on the inside of the dirty bowl. But, I guess not everyone has that problem :crazy: . Also, it has never been flushed away during courtesy flushes. And it's not a Bounty towel. It will not absorb enough to get the whole seat wet. That's silly.

But, I guess not everyone has that problem :crazy: .

Nope, mine touches the water. :laugh:

I've always believed in the method of using the non-wiping hand to constitute some sort of platform to cup my junk from contact with the porcelain.

Raft= wad up toilet paper prior to delivery of package as to dissipate back splash. Back splash into the route of delivery is never a good feeling. Try it. You'll love it, I guarantee it.

Raft= wad up toilet paper prior to delivery of package as to dissipate back splash. Back splash into the route of delivery is never a good feeling. Try it. You'll love it, I guarantee it.
Seriously, what kind of consistency and velocity are you creating here??? I've rarely had any backsplash, and when I did, it was usually due to the runs. I don't think a raft would do much of anything to prevent backsplash there.

Seriously, what kind of consistency and velocity are you creating here??? I've rarely had any backsplash, and when I did, it was usually due to the runs. I don't think a raft would do much of anything to prevent backsplash there.

Since I have recently reviewed a few papers on endo-gastro. studies, I will try to be as descriptive as possible:

To tackle your first inquiry, consistency: we must first determine a points system to descriptively annotate the range of consistencies. Let's assign, a system where 1, would constitute hard stool (rabbit pellets); 2, firm (lumpy); 3, curd form (eg, cottage cheese); 4, soft (pudding, preferably chocolate); 5, loose/liquid (cream of celery soup); and 6, thin (Lubbock water or Stazi after a can of Vegemite).

I would say at terminal velocity, the consistency would have been within the range of 1-2 points using my system, with a velocity of roughly 0.1m/sec.

If we are talking about diarrhea, or 5-6 points (please review my system once again if you forgot what 5/6 constitutes) using my system, a make-shift tissue raft is not going to keep you afloat, figuratively speaking.

I'm doing the MS150 this weekend (Houston to Austin). I never eat protein bars (Clif bars, etc.), but I have some that I will try for the first time this weekend during the ride.

The point? Eating protein bars, exercise and port-a-potties. MMMMM!!! Should be interesting.

Back