• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just wrecked my CSVT...

I am now in search for a parts car or front clip of a contour. Any trim model will suffice. I'm assuming that other than the bumper cover, all trim model Contours are the same. I took my CSVT to Kongs Body shop in Atl for an estimate. Needless to say my car and I left together. So, Now comes the fun part, and I get to try my hand at bodywork. For some reason, I think this is going to be a little bit more difficult than changing the alternator and plugs combined...... Only time will tell.

i dont think anything is harder than changing that alternator :) can you post a picture of the car before it was hit i wanna see a black svt with fsvts on it. never seen one, wanted to get an idea of the look.

IMG_1503-1.jpg

This is a picture before replacing the tires. When I bought these rims they had a 215/40/17. I wasnt happy with the way they looked on the car, or how they rode. I replaced them with a 225/50/17 and they look and feel so much better. The new tires have less than 1000 miles on them.

Im sure that the car did rise a little. If I fix the car Im wondering if a different suspension setup would be capable being that I also changed the tire size. It seems like the FSVT wheels are deeper or the offset is different. Maybe I should do some research and see.

i've always liked your car. Kinda the look i'm trying to get with mine. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the luck.

i've always liked your car. Kinda the look i'm trying to get with mine. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the luck.

Thank you for the compliments.In all honesty I believe my luck is pretty good. Nobody was hurt, I've had a lot of great advice and help (OB1 thanks for coming to the hood) and I have a passion for working on my car. I just found out a friend of mine is having a lift installed in his shop at home:drool::drool:
Looks like I'll be spending lots of time there.

I have found that even with small hits the frame will be a little tweaked. You will need to find some way of pulling it back straight so that the fenders, hood and bumper fit together straight.

I mention this because it looks like you hit at a little bit of an angle. If it were straight on you would probably be ok. But, it looks like you hit on the drivers side - that would have tweaked the car to the passenger side.

I have an old frame dozer and porta-powers, but you probably don't want to drive to Washington State. I have talk to friends that have chained cars to posts or trees and pulled on them with other cars, but that is not very controlled.

Good luck, just ask if you have any questions. Make sure you measure diagonally across the engine compartment both directions to see if it is bent.

Well I found some cars that I would (with great despair in my heart) settle for if I cant fix mine. Here are a few pics....
whitelambo.jpg

bowwow.jpg
gtr.jpg

I know the orange lambo belongs to " BOW WOW" Not quite sure who owns the white one or that GTR. I was hoping Young Jeezy was home so I could get a pic of his blue lambo. These are all parked in the same parking deck of course there are Aston Martins, Maseratis, and a few Porshes.

Well I found some cars that I would (with great despair in my heart) settle for if I cant fix mine. Here are a few pics....
whitelambo.jpg

bowwow.jpg
gtr.jpg

I know the orange lambo belongs to " BOW WOW" Not quite sure who owns the white one or that GTR. I was hoping Young Jeezy was home so I could get a pic of his blue lambo. These are all parked in the same parking deck of course there are Aston Martins, Maseratis, and a few Porshes.

from the pics im guessing you really dont have a choice but to fix it :)

how were you that close to bow wows lambo? where were you....

My friend lives in the same building as Bow Wow, Young Jeezy. Its in Buckhead. Right beside the Orange Lambo Bow Wow has a Black Bentley Gt. Its very nice. I was there a couple nights ago and someone has just taken delivery of a black mercedes CL600.... its sweet.

UPDATE: Just Wrecked my CSVT.....

UPDATE: Just Wrecked my CSVT.....

Well I found my parts car and bought it today... Its a 98 Se Contour. Black exterior, grey cloth, mtx75, 2.5dohc, sunroof, spoiler, foglights. The car is in great shapeIll be using it for the body and what I dont need/use/break, Ill be parting out. So... if you have any needs, or advice feel free to pm me. Heres some pics
IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend lives in the same building as Bow Wow, Young Jeezy. Its in Buckhead. Right beside the Orange Lambo Bow Wow has a Black Bentley Gt. Its very nice. I was there a couple nights ago and someone has just taken delivery of a black mercedes CL600.... its sweet.

Thats kinda cool......too bad they don't have a valet....i would dress up like one and park cars for an evening :laugh:

Please repost the pics in a proper manner...holy annoying.
Look!!! it wasnt my fault. I told the car to say cheese.... I even tickled its grill with a feather duster......just like the pros do at Sears. I guess I should have called the experts at Purple Picture Pros. Lesson learned. :shrug:

Did someone say purple :drool:.... :D

I like you. You know why? Because even though your car was trashed really bad, you went out and bought a non-svt to fix your SVT. That is heart. I hope it looks better than ever when you are done. Nice - JOE

Best of luck with the rebuild! You are sure taking on a big project, but it should be rewarding once you're done. Glad to see you are trying to fix it instead of scrapping it right away. Kudos! :cool:

Back