• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gots me some Duratec Turbo Power!!!

Looks great but what does the MZR engine have to do with a Duratec?

The DISI turbo engine is a turbocharged 2.3 liter Duratec engine from the Focus with a few tweaks. Many of the parts swap over, not all, but more than just some...

Zing! :crazy: How's about some more info on grinding the bushings? :laugh:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123692059&highlight=grind+bushings Here's the thread that teachered me how to do it.

Damn man thats a hot speed3

Thanks man! It's only getting hotter!!!

The DISI turbo engine is a turbocharged 2.3 liter Duratec engine from the Focus with a few tweaks. Many of the parts swap over, not all, but more than just some...

I thought it went the other way when Ford abandoned the Zetec. Ford took the Mazda design and made their tweaks to it just like they do with the Mazda chassis designs.

I thought it went the other way when Ford abandoned the Zetec. Ford took the Mazda design and made their tweaks to it just like they do with the Mazda chassis designs.

Does it matter who deigned it first? It's still a Duratec and tweaked to me means "mods". The turboed DISI has more mods, so that why I have the tweaked one. :)

It only matters to me because I am a Mazda owner and lover thats sad they dont get the credit they deserve for making engines and chassis designs that are world class and helping save Ford from themselves. :)

Thanks for the info mangh. :cool: Methinks that'll work on the Speed 6 as well; since upgraded shifter bushings are also a hot commodity. If the bushing upgrades are the same for both vehicles, then I'd reckon the how-to will work, too. :cool:

I really like those cars, but I'm sorry to say I don't like those wheels with it. They don't seem to flow very well, IMO. But it's still bada$$.:cool:

Thanks for the info mangh. :cool: Methinks that'll work on the Speed 6 as well; since upgraded shifter bushings are also a hot commodity. If the bushing upgrades are the same for both vehicles, then I'd reckon the how-to will work, too. :cool:

:cool: No problem man. I'm pretty sure the shifters mount in the same way, so it should work. Let me know how it goes (here or mazdaspeedforums.org).

I really like those cars, but I'm sorry to say I don't like those wheels with it. They don't seem to flow very well, IMO. But it's still bada$$.:cool:

That's OK, opinions are like a-holes... but you're the first to not like them. I don't like the Konig wheels you list in your sig, so I guess we're even then? :D

wow how did I miss this thread?

hullo nooner!
plz come to SZ09 ok?
You must come.
It will be 10th SZ and quite magical. :D

nice ride btw. Those pics look fantastic.
lol Mazdaspeed Troll Club. I like that.

wow how did I miss this thread?

hullo nooner!
plz come to SZ09 ok?
You must come.
It will be 10th SZ and quite magical. :D

nice ride btw. Those pics look fantastic.
lol Mazdaspeed Troll Club. I like that.

If Rick twists my arm hard enough and finishes his car, maybe I'll have to come out there. Is there anything special planned for being a 10 year thing? If we have enough MS trolls, maybe we could make a CEGMSTC award! :D

That's OK, opinions are like a-holes... but you're the first to not like them. I don't like the Konig wheels you list in your sig, so I guess we're even then? :D

I guess so.:cool: Although, I like those wheels... just not on that car. I like the stockers more, I guess.

If Rick twists my arm hard enough and finishes his car, maybe I'll have to come out there. Is there anything special planned for being a 10 year thing? If we have enough MS trolls, maybe we could make a CEGMSTC award! :D
No arm twisting...just come!:laugh:

not much planned yet. Location is not yet set in stone, but Mark has some good ideas up his sleeve.

I'm thinking of taking up a collection to fly Lance out. :D

Back