• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OEM radio mounts

contourgl95

CEG'er
Hey guys i bought a black 1998 SE. and i did a stereo install years back with my 95 GL but never had to change an OEM. Im just wondering . I unscrewed all the black bolts from underneath the radio and are those just the only ones that you need to remove for the radio to remove?
Thanks for the input.

You dont need to mess with those screws. Just use the tools to pull straight out and be careful to not bend the internal locks. Then you'll be able to unplug the the stock radio and discover if you really need the additional amp bypass harness.

The tools they're talking about are the "U" shaped looking things. :laugh: Got mine from Crutchfield way back, kept them since it made removing Ford HU's so simple. Any type of electronics store should sell them.

Anything that is long enough and will fit in the holes and you have 4 or them will work as well, I cant remember what size nail works. I usually just get a couple allen wrench sets out and stick one in every hole and it will unlock the radio.

Anything that is long enough and will fit in the holes and you have 4 or them will work as well, I cant remember what size nail works. I usually just get a couple allen wrench sets out and stick one in every hole and it will unlock the radio.

Been there, done that.

Just pray you get it right the first time or you'll bend the locks into place and you'll need to pull the console to get the stereo out of there.

God im such an idiot i must have bent the tabs in and now its stuck...:mad::help:

So i have to just remove the console piece now...
is it just the 2 bolts that hold into the place near the cupholder area and the rest is just held together by those small little tabs correct , because with my 95 the tabs just held it in?
Thanks for your help guys!:laugh:

Back