• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Old SZ 07 pics

And I just keep thinking of the drive to get my car. It took for freakin' EVER, and I would only be 1/2 there. We are talking 15-16 hours each way....by myself....alone....in the middle of no mans land. (have you driven threw the UP before :laugh: )
There are several people that go from MN and WI. Meet up with them at the ferry. :shrug:
Last year, we made a two-day trip of the ride out and a 1-day trip back. It worked out very pleasantly.

You really have no reason to not go ... you live too close. :D

elraido is not smare on the concept of Contourvans

There are several people that go from MN and WI. Meet up with them at the ferry. :shrug:
Last year, we made a two-day trip of the ride out and a 1-day trip back. It worked out very pleasantly.

You really have no reason to not go ... you live too close. :D

There is no one on the way that I would go....well at least not until I hit mid MI basically.

Anyone live on this route?
drive.jpg

It's in K-zoo this year, doodiehead.
Modify your route in order to meet up with people along the way.
Maybe someone that lives closer will let you crash for the night and start out with them the next morning when they head out.
That'll split your trip into 2 more manageable segments.

You're just not using your noodle on purpose, you excuse maker.

It's in K-zoo this year, doodiehead.
Modify your route in order to meet up with people along the way.
Maybe someone that lives closer will let you crash for the night and start out with them the next morning when they head out.
That'll split your trip into 2 more manageable segments.

You're just not using your noodle on purpose, you excuse maker.

There is no f'ing way I am driving threw Chicago.

drive2.jpg

You could always stay in town the night before with whoever it is you know here :laugh: I'm pretty sure TRicker is going again this year, and I think ZoomZoom goes every year?

yay for more excuses :rolleyes:
I'm -this- close to putting you on my ignore list. :p :laugh:

btw, sweet 10 hour drive you got there. boohoo

Actually it does seem to be a lot quick to there there that way (can drive 70-75 that way while the UP being shorter you can only do 60. My friends drive threw Chicago a couple times a year and they say there is always major construction and it is the biggest pain in the butt ever. 10-12 hours driving I can do easy, I just HATE city driving. Remember I live in no mans land. :laugh:

That's why you schedule your departure time around the big cities' rush hours.
I can't believe how much hand holding you need.
Do you want me to change your diapers for you too?

:D

Last edited:
Eurotour and I were thinking about picking up an SVT in Cali. Book a flight and grab some maps. Damn ppl live a sheltered, timid life.

That's why you schedule your departure time around the big cities' rush hours.
I can't believe how much hand holding you need.
Do you want me to change your diapers for you too?

:D

They are adult undergarments! :mad: I still say we should have something at Wisconsin Dells. Now that would rock.

I'd be willing to go if elraido wants to swing by & pick me up on the way...it'd be easy, I made a map. If we planned it right, we could catch NECEG too. Just a thought, but it could be done.

map...

you're willing to give up the trip of a lifetime just to avoid an hour or two of city traffic? :rolleyes:

Considering the largest city I have driven is Minneapolis (under 400K people) with 3 lanes each way for highways, Chicago might make me freak out a little bit. Especially when I would have no idea where I am going.

I'd be willing to go if elraido wants to swing by & pick me up on the way...it'd be easy, I made a map. If we planned it right, we could catch NECEG too. Just a thought, but it could be done.

I guess now is a good time to mention that NE plans on pitstopping at your house overnight.
cool? ;)

That map is a riot!

Back