• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Facility Tour (Repost Police Suck It)

The dude said the SVT Contour was "bad ass". :cool:
The best was at the very end...
"Total cult following on those things, man".

Did Jamal say it was a 4 valve or did I hear wrong?

Great video! I too liked the plug for the SVT Contour at the end. Between that and all the rave reviews at the time, there's no denying it's a cool car.

As Ford's 100th, they were showcasing all of the motors and at the session I was at, there was engineer who worked on our car. He and I talked for some time after that; it was awesome! :)

i work less than a mile away from there. And wonder where they based every 4 valve mustang motor off of? Im pretty sure it was a lincoln.. lol

i work less than a mile away from there. And wonder where they based every 4 valve mustang motor off of? Im pretty sure it was a lincoln.. lol

While the 32V 'Modular' 4.6 V8 was first released in the 1991 Lincoln, that doesn't mean the engine was designed specifically for Lincoln, just as the Duratec 3.0 wasn't just and engine for the Taurus (or wherever it originally debuted).

While the 32V 'Modular' 4.6 V8 was first released in the 1991 Lincoln, that doesn't mean the engine was designed specifically for Lincoln, just as the Duratec 3.0 wasn't just and engine for the Taurus (or wherever it originally debuted).
It came to production in 93... They changed cam profile and introduced a forged crank to maintain under intense driving conditions with a higher flowing intake manifold to yeild a whopping 15 horses over the initial lincoln design. It WAS designed for the lincoln mark viii as it was THE revolutionary vehicle of ford at the time with a microproccessor controlled suspension and steering system. I know too much about mark viii's and modular v8's. They just took the modular 4 valve design and milked it for all its worth.

I liked at the end how the interviewer jokingly tried to walk out with the turbo manifold, and the SVT guy jerked it from his hand.
-tropictour

It came to production in 93... They changed cam profile and introduced a forged crank to maintain under intense driving conditions with a higher flowing intake manifold to yeild a whopping 15 horses over the initial lincoln design. It WAS designed for the lincoln mark viii as it was THE revolutionary vehicle of ford at the time with a microproccessor controlled suspension and steering system. I know too much about mark viii's and modular v8's. They just took the modular 4 valve design and milked it for all its worth.

Oops, you're entirely correct. It seems my memories of reading back issues of Mustang and Fords in Jr. High are failing me.

The GT500 is a Shelby and the Raptor isnt a production vehicle. Want to try again?

So the GT500 was entirely designed by an outside firm?

And I don't even know what to say about the Raptor. SVT doesn't exist because it's not in production? Please tell me who designed it? Was that Shelby too? Or maybe it was...SVT? Maybe not the SVT we knew in the late 90s, but SVT nonetheless.

So the GT500 was entirely designed by an outside firm?

Shelby isnt an outside firm. Yes its probably the old SVT guys that were probably the SVO guys before then. Until they come out and say SVT is back, it isnt.

Though I will say if it was old SVT guys designing the GT500 I have to shake my head. Gasket and pump failures on cars with less than 1000 miles on them is totally unacceptable and coolant almost got on my backpack!

If I had $1 for every Raptor press release I'd probably have $4-5. Wake me up when they're sitting on the lot unsold.

Back