• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spoiler

mhingle

New CEG'er
I wanted to take my spoiler off of my SVT Contour, but I realized that I would have to re-route the brake light to the back dash. Has anyone done this? And was it worth it?

Is there a place on here where I can read on how this change can be done properly?

Thanks.

To my knowledge, SVTs didn't have spoilers. One instance where Ford showed remarkable restraint.
c
what land of crazy are you in?

to the OP most people swap with a standard trunklid and then just leave the 3rd brake light off. They are really easy to find in junk yards though.

To my knowledge, SVTs didn't have spoilers. One instance where Ford showed remarkable restraint.
c

Two things. Where did you get this "knowledge"? And what does Ford have to do with SVT dealers just checking the spoiler box before delivery?

There's a plug for the third brake light in the trunk. When a factory spoiler is installed, the third brake light on the rear deck is unplugged, and a harness from the spoiler plugs in.

Just swap the connectors around.

In 98, SVTs did not come with spoilers. It was a dealer installed option. SVT offered it as an option in later years.

Back