• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

Hey Kingpin, how about some pics and a run down of your cars mods:shrug: We had a bad-ass Civic Si run with us last year out of nowhere!
100_5706.jpg

OK I have the time off so I suppose it's official.

Tiger- I think it's going to take 8-8.5 hours unless we make great time. Because we have to head through Atlanta it's hard to say. I-75 in southern GA has been under construction for forever and that sometimes causes delays. Google Maps says 8.5 hours, so my estimate is assuming we get a few small hang ups along the way.

Randy and his entourage are meeting me at/around Ocala at 9ish, which would land us in Tellico Plains around 5pm.

After talking to Roger, looks like the MI guys and I will be meeting somewhere outside Lexington on 75.After calculating some different routes I will be going from 65 to 64 to 75.:crazy: This is a little bit better timewise. It also means I will have to leave a half an hour earlier that the MI guys to meet up at the same time. :blackeye:

Dan, if you can find a good place off of 75 outside Lexington to meet up that would help too.:laugh:
Hector, I can meet up with you in Shelbyville (exit 35 off I64, Highway 53). there is a BP and, IIRC, a Shell there so you can top off before the last leg of the trip down. From there we can head out and meet up with Roger just south of Lexington. Any exit from about 108 south should be good and easy to find.

wait till you guys get down here and see the now not hardly existing lake. They are doing repairs to the damn and they have dropped the water level LOW I'll try to go scope out the road tomorrow if I get my new parts on in time etc and take some pics. I'm laying out a route and I'm going to check it out and see how it is.

A little something for the newbies

A little something for the newbies

The cabins that have one bed
100_5715.jpg

How the CEG Dragon Slayers close a restaraunt on Saturday night
100_5712.jpg

How the CEG takes a group shot with a couple new friends along the way!
100_5691.jpg

The variety that the CEG delivers on a regular basis!
100_5666.jpg

Animal rights are always in effect on the Dragon!
100_5661.jpg

Wishful thinking, but its sure to good to go back in time, huh?
100_5614.jpg

Being green has never been so cool...and easy!
100_5625.jpg

no nothing is shut down but needless to say you wont see as much water as you used to right now lol.

That sucks you guys went through all of that, but atleast its getting better each and every day Trey. I see your sig and wasn't aware of your lineage of CSVT's, looks like your current car is up to the task with its recent mods, any pics you wanna share with the group:shrug:

Pavel Datsyuk number of days to go! (forgive the spelling, he's Russian)

Looking forward to this. Dan that should be fine. I will give you a call maybe 10 or so exits before.:laugh:
it will take me longer than 10 minutes to get down to Shelbyville than that. its about 30 minutes away. calling when you get on 64 would be better.

And what is on the "things to bring" list?

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Beyond the essentials (toothbrush and the like) I have:
Valentine 1
Video Camera
Video Camera mount
Folding chair
(I no longer have a good digital still camera, otherwise that would be on the list)
Cooler w/end of day drinks
????

Back